• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Warchant.com is in complete meltdown...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Could you imagine what would happen to TheBullsPen with 7,630 people on line at one time ??

Yes, See Brent Schaeffer signing day!   :-/

That sucked.  

That's why /you should MAKE A DONATION to this board!  ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

We might just be the 2nd best footall team in FL...

I'm sorry, I'm 100% for USF, but you're smoking crack.

Bingo...give that man a cigar..USF and UCF are not even close...to UM and

FSU even with them being down this year.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

We might just be the 2nd best footall team in FL...

I'm sorry, I'm 100% for USF, but you're smoking crack.

Bingo...give that man a cigar..USF and UCF are not even close...to UM and

FSU even with them being down this year.

I somewhat agree. I think USF could beat FSU and UM this year, but I wouldnt say that we OR they are heads and tails above each other.

I WILL say this though, USF and UCF are the reason that those 2 programs are not as dominant. Just picture our roster, in particular, sprinkled throughout those 2 schools' 2 deep...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

Warchant.com Message Forums

Register User Options  

2725 Registered Fans Online, including 1300 guests. (Record: 7630 on October 5, 2006)

Misery Loves Company ... Jones Town sounds good, serve them Kool-Aid  ;D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I somewhat agree. I think USF could beat FSU and UM this year, but I wouldnt say that we OR they are heads and tails above each other.

I WILL say this though, USF and UCF are the reason that those 2 programs are not as dominant. Just picture our roster, in particular, sprinkled throughout those 2 schools' 2 deep...

I disagree.

Lets get something out of the way 1st. USF COULD beat FSU and Miami. However, we were beaten pretty handedly down in Miami last year and they are both better teams than last year despite their records. NC State has owned FSU for a few years, mostly because Amato seems to know what to do and how to do it when they play them. Shame that NC State can't play FSU every week.

Second, while Miami and FSU are down, I don't think the USF and UCF effect is as big as many believe. Miami and FSU are still getting most of the talent that they are competing with us for...there are exceptions (i.e. - Hill) but for the most part they get the talent. The problem is outside the state! Many of the players that helped build the depth of FSU and Miami (and even Florida) have been wooed by the development of Auburn and UGA as programs. (Auburn had 5 recruits from Florida this year 2 from Tally and 1 from Miami) FSU owned southern Georgia as a recruiting ground for years...that isn't so anymore.

Finally, Just because they are down this season doesn't mean it will continue. Yes we've seen the spiral effect of FSU and Miami the last few years, but it can be easily changed. Remember 2 years ago Florida looked like they were done as a program and the belief was they could only with with a coaching mind like Spurrier. Now they're ranked in the top 5 and have one of the best defenses in the country. New blood in a program can change anything, especially one that can be dominant at the drop of a hat. Schools like UGA, Southern Cal, and Notre Dame looked done as programs a few years ago. Bring in the right coach and the schools are top 10 programs once again.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

we need to pull our crap together so that we can capitalize on the years that Miami and FSU are seeming to have.

It would be nice. Bowden isn't going to last much longer if he loses to teams like NC State. And, most likely, Coker is done after this season if they lose 1 or 2 more games. Just too many alumni already want his head on a platter. So, I'm guessing next year Miami has a new coach, and within 2 FSU has a new coach. With that, will most likely be rebuilding as well.

USF has a chance to step it up a notch in recruiting the next couple of years if they could pull out some key victories.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I disagree.

Lets get something out of the way 1st...

Great post. I completely agree with you.

Go USF!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

It would be nice. Bowden isn't going to last much longer if he loses to teams like NC State.

News flash. CHuck Amato coached with Bowden for like 18 years or something. Amato is now 4-3 vs his old coach. Chuck knows what Bowden want's to do. If anyone should beat him regularly it's Chuck.

Now:

Second best in the state?????? I know the green and gold hard on is tough to relieve, but give me a break. So Miami lost to: FSU and L'ville? FSU lost to Clemson and NC State? We lost to Kansas and Rutgers! FSU and Miami almost lost to Troy and Houstan? We beat FIU by 1.

I know. Facts are tough to take. But right now if we are sitting 10 steps above UCF, we are about 75 behind the big boys, even after their recent down years.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

2nd best team in the state?  Oh, thats right we beat 1AA power McNeese State, a terrible FIU team, and a terrible UCF team.  So now we are part of the Big 2??

Gimme a break people.  How about waiting until we win a meaningful game before making such an ascinine (sp) comment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

... New blood in a program can change anything,

You opened the door for the Leavitt Lynch Mob  ;D