• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Warchant.com is in complete meltdown...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

as for Bowden and Joe Pa-- I actually agree (gasp) with jfcohio.  I know -- what is the world coming to?

I've seen Bowden in so many interviews just talk like some meandering fool. Hell-- two years ago when teh Gators beat them on the day they named the field "Bobby Bowden Field" -- RON ZOOK's team beat them. He said some expletives in the live interview after the game-- but they were so mumbled and unintelligible that no one really noticed. We tevo'd it back and forth several times and had a good laugh. He's on his last leg for sure.

Joe Pa-- I think he's a great man and a whale of a coach. I would say he is better mentally and physically than Bowden despite being older and the whole ******** his pants thing versus OSU. He's still got wheels. I don't know what takes him out-- perhaps a heart attack or soomething because he lives for that job.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and I mean Bowden is on his last leg mentally-- not because they are trying to oust him. He has a stranglehold on that job-- they will bury him in his coaching clothes like Bear BRyant.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

we need to pull our crap together so that we can capitalize on the years that Miami and FSU are seeming to have.

WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR LAST 5 YEARS

WE CANT EVEN OUT RECRUIT PITT,UL AND WV!

USF HAD A CHANCE TO BEAT MIAMI LAST YEAR AND DIDNT

That is ridiculous.  Bowden is going to last as long as he wants to last.  As R_to_the_izzo said, NC State is 4-3 against them and there has been no talk of getting rid of Bowden (Bobby...Jeff probably needs to go).  

He is the ALL-TIME leader in wins.  Paterno had pressure on him to retire then almost went undefeated last year.  He's older.  He's also 3-2 this year so Bobby Bowden is maintaining his lead there.

What is ridiculous is that the old cranks don't know when to give it up. Joe Pa had a mad diarrhea dash to the john during the OSU game. Ran across part of the field because his Adult Depends weren't holding up. Joe Pa left the field, and the team actually looked better. Plus, Bowden is a senile quack.

Push comes to shove...I'd lay my bottom dollar that the assistants are running the show at both places these days. They might as well get both of them mounted like deer and keep them around forever.

IF USF HAD HALF THE SUCCESS AS THESE GUYS I WOULD TAKE IT

THEY STILL HAVE IT

IT IS COACHING FOOTBALL NOT NEUROSURGERY.PROP THEM UP AND LET THEIR ASSISTANTS RUN THE SHOW

WHEN WE CAN OOUT RECRUIT EITHER OR BEAT EITHER I WILL PERK UP

IT IS EASY TYPING INTO THE KEY BOARD THAT USF IS BETTER

IT IS QUITE ANOHER TO BEAT THOSE TEAMS ON THE FIELD

USF HAS HAD THEIR CHANCE AGAINST BOTH TEAMS AND DIDNT TO IT.

REMINDS ME OF AUBURN CRYING HOW GREAT THEY WERE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND USC DESTROYED THEM TWICE AND AUBURN STILL WAS TALKING.

TALK IS CHEAP GUYS

USF never played FSU bub

and who are you talking to steve? There are maybe three people saying USF could beat these teams and the rest agree that is a not the case.

preaching tothe choir

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

That is ridiculous.  Bowden is going to last as long as he wants to last.  As R_to_the_izzo said, NC State is 4-3 against them and there has been no talk of getting rid of Bowden (Bobby...Jeff probably needs to go).  

He is the ALL-TIME leader in wins.  Paterno had pressure on him to retire then almost went undefeated last year.  He's older.  He's also 3-2 this year so Bobby Bowden is maintaining his lead there.

What is ridiculous is that the old cranks don't know when to give it up. Joe Pa had a mad diarrhea dash to the john during the OSU game. Ran across part of the field because his Adult Depends weren't holding up. Joe Pa left the field, and the team actually looked better. Plus, Bowden is a senile quack.

Push comes to shove...I'd lay my bottom dollar that the assistants are running the show at both places these days. They might as well get both of them mounted like deer and keep them around forever.

they are both good recruiters.  and in case you forgot FSU won the ACC championship last year (yes, they backed in blah blah...but they still beat Va tech and gave Penn state an overtime game in BCS game).  oh yeah, thats right, they both made BCS games last year.  stop insulting 2 of the greatest coaches ever.  they can still coach and recruit.

we know a little something about losing to nc state.  at least FSU scored point on them =(

*sigh*

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

If UM, FSU, USF, and UCF all played each other 10 times this season, not a singe school would sweep any series.

UM and FSU are still ahead of USF.  USF is still ahead of UCF.

UM and FSU lost a chunk of that lead though.  Neither can afford to sit like this too long, it WILL affect their recruiting vs us.  The jarbled garbage competition between them, us, and UCF might let florida get away for a few years.  That notion greatly irks me, so I hope leavitt steps it up even a notch further.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

If I were to make a guess, there are a lot of opinions that vary from the ultra positive to the ultra negative. I would also bet a lot of posters are saying some pretty negative things about the coaching staff, recruiting, offense, defense, individual players, etc. Just like what a message board is supposed to be like!!!

It is easy to see the skill gap CAN get tighter for recruits but will it is another story. USF needs to take care of their own business, go 8-4 in 2006, steel a win against Pitt / Lville / WVU and win their bowl game before we can even hope to steal a top notch player that can qualify (not a Stirrups).