• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Warchant.com is in complete meltdown...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

we need to pull our crap together so that we can capitalize on the years that Miami and FSU are seeming to have.

It would be nice. Bowden isn't going to last much longer if he loses to teams like NC State. and within 2 [years] FSU has a new coach. With that, will most likely be rebuilding as well.

That is ridiculous.  Bowden is going to last as long as he wants to last.  As R_to_the_izzo said, NC State is 4-3 against them and there has been no talk of getting rid of Bowden (Bobby...Jeff probably needs to go).  

He is the ALL-TIME leader in wins.  Paterno had pressure on him to retire then almost went undefeated last year.  He's older.  He's also 3-2 this year so Bobby Bowden is maintaining his lead there.

I believe FSU has all of 9 losses against every other ACC team, and 4 against NC State.  Obviously, he needs to beat his former coach (Georgia's coach who used to be FSU's O-Coord also beat him in a bowl game 2 years ago I believe...not good against his former coaches).  And his son is having success against him now as well with Clemson.

But no one but Bobby Bowden takes the job from Bobby Bowden.

Hopefully USF can capatilize by actually winning some games and showing the gap is closing.

Also, it's not just FSU and Miami we need to hit in recruiting, it's every other freakin team in the nation.  All these big east teams that have Florida players and NC State that had more Florida players starting on defense than FSU had!  How ridiculous is that!  We need to start getting these bigger in-state recruits.  and that needs to start by winning more consistently.  we'll see if we turn it around tomorrow

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

That is ridiculous.  Bowden is going to last as long as he wants to last.  As R_to_the_izzo said, NC State is 4-3 against them and there has been no talk of getting rid of Bowden (Bobby...Jeff probably needs to go).  

He is the ALL-TIME leader in wins.  Paterno had pressure on him to retire then almost went undefeated last year.  He's older.  He's also 3-2 this year so Bobby Bowden is maintaining his lead there.

What is ridiculous is that the old cranks don't know when to give it up. Joe Pa had a mad diarrhea dash to the john during the OSU game. Ran across part of the field because his Adult Depends weren't holding up. Joe Pa left the field, and the team actually looked better. Plus, Bowden is a senile quack.

Push comes to shove...I'd lay my bottom dollar that the assistants are running the show at both places these days. They might as well get both of them mounted like deer and keep them around forever.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

Don't know about Paterno, but know that Bowden is calling the shots as much as any HC.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Could you imagine what would happen to TheBullsPen with 7,630 people on line at one time ??

if we had 10% of that on here at once, we'd be in trouble, just do the the programming language.  We'd need to majorly upgrade the server to be able to handle that.

For 7630, it is scary how much money we'd have to spend just to prevent the board from locking up completely.

I think at that point (763 simultaneous), we'd have to go to a registered members only, and figure out some way to generate more income to upgrade equipment.

Rapid Growth is good for the school, but it plays havoc with a low budget message board.

Could you imagine what would happen to TheBullsPen with 7,630 people on line at one time ??

if we had 10% of that on here at once, we'd be in trouble, just do the the programming language.  We'd need to majorly upgrade the server to be able to handle that.

For 7630, it is scary how much money we'd have to spend just to prevent the board from locking up completely.

I think at that point (763 simultaneous), we'd have to go to a registered members only, and figure out some way to generate more income to upgrade equipment.

Rapid Growth is good for the school, but it plays havoc with a low budget message board.

I understand... but if we could get that many people interested in The Bulls Pen, I would think there would be quite a bit of income form Google Ad Sense... and a lot more from the donation links... and from the auction site.

I have a dream of The Bulls Pen having 10,000 members -- when we have an OCS so we can storm the field without tasers and are no longer playing UCF and Rod Smith is no longer the OC.

If google reinstates our account... there is a side issue going on with them... we aren't getting any revenue right now.   >:(

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What happned?!

I am not exactly sure, Bulliever knows more about what happened, but you probably noticed the google ads no longer on the site.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

I don't know for certain how we would do against either FSU or Miami. My guess is that we would lose.

I didn't see us getting whipped by Miami last year as much as we shot ourselves in thefoot. We could hang with them more or less although we lacked their depth. We have enough talent to give a good effort and with some breaks-- we can win. But I would put that at a 2 out of 10 game at best right now. Then again-- FSU isn't on the horizon at all and Miami is several years away. Lots can change in that much time. It can be fun to yap about how we'd do-- but it's a moot point

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

It is a moot point . . . but isn't that what this place is for  ;)

After the 2008 season, we can serious talk about it.

But we still have some serious teams this season also.