• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hillsborough County Sheriff's SUCK!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe the cop liked your girlfriend

Or maybe "The Man" just wanted to spend a little quality time, with you...away from all the distractions.

Looking at this:

Standing or sitting in the following areas: main level, club level or upper level aisles, ramps and chair backs

Gotta be honest...standing is in the eye of the beholder. In 234 there's a lot of up-and-down, loud-n-quiet for the duration of the game. If you want to stand for 3 hours, use the patio or student section.

I think the point here is riding the moment, getting up and getting loud as appropriate, won't garner any complaints. On the other hand, if you're in the upper bowl, center seats and think that standing for the entire game is ok....hmmmm...no, not so much.

However, if you're in the free-fire student zone...I think anything goes, as long as you're not

scaring the horses.  8-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

That particular rule looks like it is only referring to standing in the aisles.   I really don't read that it prohibits standing at your seat.

Yes, you purchase a seat, but once in the door you are not forced to occupy it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i had no such problems watching game from friendly confides of casa de mazza

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Standing or sitting in the following areas: main level, club level or upper level aisles, ramps and chair backs

Gotta be honest...standing is in the eye of the beholder. In 234 there's a lot of up-and-down, loud-n-quiet for the duration of the game. If you want to stand for 3 hours, use the patio or student section.

I think the point here is riding the moment, getting up and getting loud as appropriate, won't garner any complaints. On the other hand, if you're in the upper bowl, center seats and think that standing for the entire game is ok....hmmmm...no, not so much.

However, if you're in the free-fire student zone...I think anything goes, as long as you're not

scaring the horses.  8-)

I don't think you fully understood the rule, it has no real application to someone at their seat.  The rule simply prohibits you from standing OR sitting in the aisles or ramps or chairbacks.  

It seems to me that something is missing from the story.  Was this the first time the police officer came over?  I could understand a person being asked to leave if he was standing after an office asked him to leave.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, there's always more to the story.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

Yep, there's always more to the story.  

I provided the entire story. They said that I was threatening people by standing up and telling them to cheer for the third down. According to him, you are allowed to stand, curse, cheer, but not allowed to turn around. This is wrong on many levels. This is why I posted this as well as filing a compliant with the HCSO. Like I said before, my father is a retired police officer, I have great respect for law enforcement, but in any profession there are people that are incompetent, and in the case of those working the USF/Raymond James detail that is what happened.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think you fully understood the rule, it has no real application to someone at their seat.  The rule simply prohibits you from standing OR sitting in the aisles or ramps or chairbacks.

And I've seen the ushers tell someone to 'take their seat' if they continue to stand for a prolonged period of time and there is a complaint. So, looks to me like the folks staffing RayJ have an interpretation of the 'rule' which is somewhat more in 'spirit' than 'letter', according to the RJ url.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308

HCSO is better because their dress greens are more suited to a USF game.  Fans might be lead to bullieve that TPD is wearing their blues to support Memphis, UConn or some other visiting team sporting blue.

Since we started football I've never seen anybody disciplined for standing too much... I am in one of those polite alumni sections.  I'd rather be with the rowdies though.

<begin embellishment>Wait, only once did I get asked to take my seat by a HCSO officer.  I replied to the officer, "Hey, Columbo, I can't take my seat, it's bolted down dumba**"  Just to emphasize my point I called him an expletive and slung my watered down Coke into his face.  Almost instantly I was cuffed and arrested - just for standing up too much.  <end embellishment>

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We sit in an alumni section and stand as much as we want.  Is there a better way to fire up your team than standing and making all of the noise that you can? There ARE some in our section that ACTUALLY read a book.  My kids stand up and wave on the rest of the area to stand up and cheer as well.

Also, we've been to 10 away games and most of the crowd stands over half of the game the home teams included.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

There are times to sit down at a game.  Timeouts, halftime, and when the bulls are up by 50 points are all good examples.

I'm not very impressed with the HCS at games either.  They give me too many evil eyes.  If I still drank, and I could afford the a$$ raping that is purchasing beer in the stadium, I might be tempted to taunt them about tasers.  Fortunately, neither of those occur, and I leave the games peacefully at the end.