• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No overrated chant!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

If you guys can't figure out why the Overrated chant is stupid and contrary to the entire point of cheering for your team's excellence.. man, I have lost hope for this world.

Tradition doesn't mean it's a good thing. Look at Rock & Roll (Part II).

Guest R_to_the_izzo
it's part of small time college behavior, not something from a school that epxects to win games like this.

plus I agree about the over rated chant thing-- the ONLY time it makes sense is if BOTH teams are rated and the one you are playing is ranked ahead of you

Newsflash: right now we are a small time college. In 5 years I wouldn't expect this chant, right now were the underdog, and this is the chant of the underdog.

Now i'l go hide before Mike threatens to kill me in a cage mactch and call for the penalty box.

Guest R_to_the_izzo
What is up with you old guys today? No rushing, no overrated chants. It's part of college football. If a team is ranked and your not, you chant overrated, especially as the clock is ticking off torawrds a USF victory.

If they're overated then USF certainly shouldn't expect any consideration in the polls for beating a team that doesn't belong near the bottom of the top 25.

This old guy went to a school that has won more national championships than USF has years playing D1-A football and I can't recall ever rushing the field..not even after beating our biggest rival (4 NC's)l....of course no one painted their bodies either...So, I guess USF students know more about what the college football experience is about than I ever will. ::)

Thanks old man. Based if the numbers you gave me, the school you went to was Bama (only school with 10+ and a rival with 4), any school with tradition isnt going to rush the field. Any team with 11 NC's isnt going to chant overated.

People on this site have the arrogance like we are a 10 time NC. Guess what, we havent done jack ****. Over-rated chants and wins over top 25 teams (not necassrily RU) means rush the field.

Now unless you lied about the numbers, go back to day dreaming of the days when Bama had pride, and Bear walked the sidelines.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Guys... save the "when we win" stuff.

Rutgers is 4-0 after all.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47

if we play like we did last week against KU, we wont be chanting jack.

just remember: RU is a much better team than KU.  so quit referring to them as "pee drinkers", because if we dont run the ball, we'll be eating scarlet poo and washing it down with a tall glass of scarlet pee.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

we will chant over-rated if we win because it is saying we should be ranked ahead of them.  it will probably take at least the UConn game to get votes, but it's still a statement that we are the better team and should be ranked, not them.

so what if we wont be ranked yet.  neither should they if we beat them, and they wont be.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Agreed.

Instead, chant "E-AN RAN-DOLPH!" every single time he's back to receive a punt.  Fire that boy up for some big returns!

At the UCF game we were chanting "House" every time Ean had a chance to run one back.  Similar to the way UM used to chant "Hester" last year when he would return punts.  The ucf fans werent feeling hermie.  

by the way chanting overrated has no signifigance to our program.  Rutgers is getting lots of hype right now , so if we beat them, please yell OVERRATED!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

What is up with you old guys today? No rushing, no overrated chants. It's part of college football. If a team is ranked and your not, you chant overrated, especially as the clock is ticking off torawrds a USF victory.

If they're overated then USF certainly shouldn't expect any consideration in the polls for beating a team that doesn't belong near the bottom of the top 25.

This old guy went to a school that has won more national championships than USF has years playing D1-A football and I can't recall ever rushing the field..not even after beating our biggest rival (4 NC's)l....of course no one painted their bodies either...So, I guess USF students know more about what the college football experience is about than I ever will. ::)

Thanks old man. Based if the numbers you gave me, the school you went to was Bama (only school with 10+ and a rival with 4), any school with tradition isnt going to rush the field. Any team with 11 NC's isnt going to chant overated.

People on this site have the arrogance like we are a 10 time NC. Guess what, we havent done jack ****. Over-rated chants and wins over top 25 teams (not necassrily RU) means rush the field.

Now unless you lied about the numbers, go back to day dreaming of the days when Bama had pride, and Bear walked the sidelines.

Sorry sonny, I didn't go to Alabama.  I suggest you read what I wrote again and then get out your calculator and have another go at it.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Sorry sonny, I didn't go to Alabama.  I suggest you read what I wrote again and then get out your calculator and have another go at it.

What ever the school is, you should be able to get my point. A school with 100 years has established victories over ranked oppanents. But hey remind me why such an old man who has history with his historicly great school is posting on little Ole USF's message board?

Wasn't it turtle soup who was talking about how he had been to a school with more NC than year's played?