• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No overrated chant!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Let's win first. Then worry about trash talking. Its going to be a hell of a game.

Amen.

How many chickens have hatched?

Guest R_to_the_izzo

What is up with you old guys today? No rushing, no overrated chants. It's part of college football. If a team is ranked and your not, you chant overrated, especially as the clock is ticking off torawrds a USF victory.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Frankly I think Rutgers IS overrated, very much so in fact. It wouldn't bother me at all. You know, in the event that USF wins the game.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Like hell...Overrated chants are money!

I agree. I think nothing sticks it to a team like being told they're not as good as some would have us believe they are. I also disagree with the OP that it belittles our team, showing that the only reason we were able to beat them was that they were overrated. I think that the statement being made is that if they are ranked higher than us if/when we beat them, that their rating is too high--they should be below us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

it's part of small time college behavior, not something from a school that epxects to win games like this.

plus I agree about the over rated chant thing-- the ONLY time it makes sense is if BOTH teams are rated and the one you are playing is ranked ahead of you

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I am down with the chant. But let's save the chant planning until the game is hand.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

What is up with you old guys today? No rushing, no overrated chants. It's part of college football. If a team is ranked and your not, you chant overrated, especially as the clock is ticking off torawrds a USF victory.

If they're overated then USF certainly shouldn't expect any consideration in the polls for beating a team that doesn't belong near the bottom of the top 25.

This old guy went to a school that has won more national championships than USF has years playing D1-A football and I can't recall ever rushing the field..not even after beating our biggest rival (4 NC's)l....of course no one painted their bodies either...So, I guess USF students know more about what the college football experience is about than I ever will. ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

If they're overated then USF certainly shouldn't expect any consideration in the polls for beating a team that doesn't belong near the bottom of the top 25.

This old guy went to a school that has won more national championships than USF has years playing D1-A football and I can't recall ever rushing the field..not even after beating our biggest rival (4 NC's)l....of course no one painted their bodies either...So, I guess USF students know more about what the college football experience is about than I ever will. ::)

back then, the message board was an actual chalkboard

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

back then, the message board was an actual chalkboard

No, it was papyrus! :-[