• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No overrated chant!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Is not about being old or a boring fan, hell, I've lost my voice on quiet a few games.  But this chant just doesn't make sense.  How is chanting "Overrated" cheering on the team?

"Hey great game guys, but you only won because the other team was mediocre, if it was a legit #23 you wouldn't have stand a chance in hell in winning."  wtf? Does that make sense to you?

"Hey son, congratulations, I'm happy you got a 100% in that class, see? Is not that you are really smart but rather that your teacher's reputation was overrated."

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Holy ****. It's not calculus. Its college football. It's about throwing salt in the wounds of a team that is about to lose on the road. It's about kicking the team when they are down, its about trying to get in the head of the other team.

Why does it have to have a litteral meaning?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Holy ****. It's not calculus. Its college football. It's about throwing salt in the wounds of a team that is about to lose on the road. It's about kicking the team when they are down, its about trying to get in the head of the other team.

Why does it have to have a litteral meaning?

yep, and rubbing in the fact that no matter what the 2 teams are ranked, the losing one is about to drop in the polls.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I think the overrated chant is stupid.  It pisses me off even more when the students chant it and we're losing.

I think when people chant overrated there's only one meaning...and it's literal.  So point being: chant is stupid.

A lot of students chant it regardless, along with other stupid things such as yelling "********" on EVERY CALL, even if it was correct, and also sometimes when the other team gets a penalty.  And their excuse is also along the lines of, "relax, it's a college football game, have fun".  It just makes our fans look like they don't know anything about football.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

There is nothing to be gained from the chant and it comes across as ignorant and stupid. How is getting into the heads of players we have already defeated going to be worth diminishing our win? To me it sounds like "thank God that team sucks worse than we do otherwise our team would have been stomped!" As I said last year we should focus on the fact that we are under rated instead of other teams being over rated, as that would be productive, but instead we minimize our accomplishments and then complain that everyone else in the world does it as well >:(

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rutgers is overrated

chant it loud

chant it proud

More proof that I am right ;D

rutgers is overrated

chant it loud

chant it proud

There is nothing to be gained from the chant and it comes across as ignorant and stupid. How is getting into the heads of players we have already defeated going to be worth diminishing our win? To me it sounds like "thank God that team sucks worse than we do otherwise our team would have been stomped!" As I said last year we should focus on the fact that we are under rated instead of other teams being over rated, as that would be productive, but instead we minimize our accomplishments and then complain that everyone else in the world does it as well >:(

how is it ignorant to say that by beating team they are going to drop in the rankings and we are going to go up?

when a #1 ranked team beats a #10 ranked team by 1 point, doesnt that mean that the #10 ranked team played as expected or maybe ABOVE expectations?  and yet they will drop no matter what because they LOST.  that is how rankings work.

if we beat Rutgers they will drop out of the rankings.  chanting over-rated is an acknowledgement of that and a GREAT SOUNDING way to rub it in.

I think people need to take a step back from rooting for every big east team to do well.  the big east has proven itself.  we can now try to beat down teams to improve OUR rating, but at the same time rub in the fact that every team we beat will drop.

also, it's one of the best sounding chants in sports.

More proof that I am right ;D
rutgers is overrated

chant it loud

chant it proud

USF is trying to prove that rutgers is over-rated.  don't we want to beat them 40-0?  would that not show that they ARE over-rated?  and it shows that we are under-rated.  chanting that another team is over-rated also implies that your team is under-rated.  they go down, we go up.  it's a statement.

also, sometimes smazza is right.

You are not saying that we should go up because you are saying that they should have never been there to begin with. That makea are victory not an accomplishment and we should not expect that beating a team that should never have been ranked should be rewarded. Like I said what most mean is that we should be viewed higher, but what we comunicate diminishes our win and reaffirms the belief that it is not a legitimate accomplishment.