• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Dumig is an idiot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

he's the tallest midget of the crowd, he's not LA. a blowhard, jackass who revels in being a contrarian.

It really can't be put anymore succintly than this ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a Duemig fan.

Yet I see his point.

The USF football program has basically taken a crap on the local media, and he's answering that by refusing to cover them. That's within his rights, and while it's not the step I'd take, I think it's reasonable.

Until Leavitt learns that you draw more flies with honey than vinegar, you'll see this at all levels of the media.

It blows my mind how inept we are at sports marketing at this university.

It doesn't make Duemig any less of an idiot, though. I just see where he's coming from.

Mac makes the Jim look like Bobby Bowden, can't wait for BBall season.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Wonder if this has anything to do with cjl's media boycott?

What boycott?

The one where he doesn't let any of his assistants speak to the media.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Wonder if this has anything to do with cjl's media boycott?

What boycott?

The one where he doesn't let any of his assistants speak to the media.  

That's hardly a boycott and over the last 10 years, how many interviews with assistants do you remember?  There are very few.  As a matter of fact, there were never assistants at the media luncheons I went to.  It's not often that a reporter wants to talk to an assistant anyway.  A lot of people need to grow up.  A point to whine about is all that is.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand where leavitt is coming from about not talking about the media....when guys like Bianchi write articles like his last about the Bulls, why would CJL want to address those a-holes...

It comes with the territory of making $1M a year. Bianchi's petty taunting of CJL is NOTHING compared to what Coker is receiving at Miami this week, or Jeff Bowden at FSU, or the beating Ron Zook took at UF before he was fired.

Every coach in the country deals with it. The Raleigh newspaper made a flash cartoon mocking Chuck Amato this week (i'll link it when I get time, it's funny) in which they basically say Phillip Rivers is the only reason he looked good.

I don't listen to much sports radio, it's the same thing rehashed 15 times over and is just local homers calling in giving their opinion as to why the Bucs are good or bad. I do know Steve Duemig however and he knows nothing about USF football outside of what his staff prepares him for.

true...I guess the best way to get them to shut up is win...when USF wins a conference title we should mail a small replica trophy to Bianchi with a note..."thanks for the motivation"

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

the reality is that this dumbass wont have a choice but to talk about USF as the Bulls win and more people want to talk about them. Will it happen this year? Maybe but it will eventually happen. You have to realize that jerks like him and Bianchi know that saying stuff like this will upset some fans and cause more attention to their show or article. They wont take on the Big Boys because that would coist them their jobs.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

his prediction was that he had a sneaking feeling that U C F was going to roll on U S F.   HAHAHAHA

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

his prediction was that he had a sneaking feeling that U C F was going to roll on U S F.   HAHAHAHA

Really? I guess that "sneaking feeling" he had was thought to be a fart and he found out Sat it was a bad case of diarrhea.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153

the reality is that this dumbass wont have a choice but to talk about USF as the Bulls win and more people want to talk about them. Will it happen this year? Maybe but it will eventually happen. You have to realize that jerks like him and Bianchi know that saying stuff like this will upset some fans and cause more attention to their show or article. They wont take on the Big Boys because that would coist them their jobs.

When he does start talking about them, he'll say something to the effect that he has been, "On them since day one, when no one else would talk about them.  You people don't listen, I'm all over them".

Sadly, he lives in the Bay Area and you can probably count the Bulls games he's attended (or even watched on TV from start to finish) on one hand.

If I were on the radio in this area, I would do my damndest to learn everything there is to know about the local Div 1, BCS Conference football (and basketball) team.

Instead, he chooses not to talk about them and uses the coach being upset at the media three weeks ago as an excuse.  Both lazy and sad at the same time.