• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Incredibly arrogant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't care  but when I can pull 21 of my friends for an away game then that's a game worth keeping.  We need to accept that eventually UCF will be picked up by one of the BCS conferences so we might as well start this series now.  

i can't seem to get any of my friends to go, guess it ain't that big

That's a good measure...your friends aren't going...

Nevermind the fact that their was a line at Marshall for tickets today. We sold out out SG tix yesterday and had to get 750 more sent ASAP. And the fact that many frats and sororities are going in busses together...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

...And the fact that many frats and sororities are going in busses together...

Prolly 'splains the Greek buying meg tix using stu numbers in the past two days.  Whatcha think?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I"ve been to two ND/Navy games and there is a mutual respect on each sideline.  After last year's game the ND boys went and sang the Navy Alma Mater with the Middies.  I would not include that game in this discussion.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

That probably had nothing to do with the $5 price tag, you put a discount like that on any of the away tickets and I guarantee people will line up to snag them (if for no other reason than to drop the tickets on ebay for a substantial proffit). Also, based upon the post he was responding to I would guess that the use of anecdodal evidence was meant to be satirical.

I don't care  but when I can pull 21 of my friends for an away game then that's a game worth keeping.  We need to accept that eventually UCF will be picked up by one of the BCS conferences so we might as well start this series now.  

i can't seem to get any of my friends to go, guess it ain't that big

That's a good measure...your friends aren't going...

Nevermind the fact that their was a line at Marshall for tickets today. We sold out out SG tix yesterday and had to get 750 more sent ASAP. And the fact that many frats and sororities are going in busses together...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

UCF is not our rival and never will be, we need to drop this series asap.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

BullHeaded...

You honestly believe Kansas is gonna bring in 40,000 to RJS? or Indiana? or UNC?  

Those teams are BCS, but they're doo doo BCS. We brought in 33,000 for a Top 10 team (Louisville), I'm sorry but fans aren't going to pack the house for a 5-6 UNC team or 6-5 Kansas. I;m not saying UCF is a better team on the field, but it does draw the fans interest something that this program needs right now.

40k for kansas no, for Indiana and Michigan State pretty darn close. However 40k or not I think any of those will draw a LOT better than the McNeese or FIU games and wanted to point out that there is a large gray area between the comparison made that scheduling UCF would be necessary when looking at the crowds from our previous two games. I'd be surprised if we had less than 35k at any of those games and if the benefit is just a few extra thousand seats I don't think the game is worth it.

besides, ucf is a doo doo NON BCS team and do you really think that once the novelty wears off that we'll keep getting 40k fans?

Now we do have Miami coming in 2009, and that will blow UCF away. For now however, USF needs all the fan support, money, and press they can get and the UCF game does that.[/

Lose this game a few times and yes, we'll have the extra money from ticket sales for a few thousand a year (remember your not comparing 40k to 0) but I'll guess that you'll lose some fans and local support along the way as we get looked at as a joke of the BCS who can't even beat ucf. Lose this game and the "national exposure" will be to show how little we belong in the BCS since we lost to a team that a "real" BCS team beat 42-0. It will also draw more disrespect to the Big East for housing such a team. So yeah, the money will be nice but the reaction from a loss would not be worth it IMO.

Even worse would be if a rivalry builds up, if that happens it means nothing more then us settling in at their level.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

gotto love this

As a member of the Big East Conference, the Bulls get to compete for the national title. No offense to UCF fans, but it's the Bulls who are sitting at the adults' table, not the Golden Knights.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Duke ?  Who brought up Duke in a football disscussion.  Must have been someone from UCF.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

as long as we compete with ftu/ou/oc for recruits i think it is a great opportunity to pound them and get great publicity for it

it really should be an easy 1a win

what would be better than usf destroying ftu/ou/oc football program and we can.

if we beat them year after year no bcs conference would take them

once we dont compete for same recruits i would say drop series