• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sometimes you realize USF isn't alone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

in this mess...sometimes people will buy into the rhetoric thrown about why UCF fans, or read the articles from writers that are fishing, but the reality is USF is not much, if at all different then other Universities from our player make-up.

Look at this article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-ufbeat2906aug29,0,2382598.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-gators

Whaaa, a gator actually has children?  Three to be exact.  No disrespect to Steve Harris, and I am glad to see he got his priorities in order but it is interesting as sometimes you could read or hear that USF is the only one with players that have children- I actually know of about a half-dozen Gators for sure that have them, and I am sure there is plenty more.  This is the norm in college.

Or how about the suspended for violation of team policies.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2006-08-26-miami-moore-suspended_x.htm

Miami, UF, Bama, UGA, and Auburn - just to name a few :D have suspended starters for the first few games for violating team policies.  This is what a few aforementioned players did and are being punished for it.  Isn't it odd that certain media outlets didn't continue fishing on those issues until they dug up exactly what the violations were, then amplified the issue by making a front sports page expose', and then making further references of leniency, and monitoring issues.  Hmmmm, the more you loook around the more you realize we're no different, from personnel issues, then most big programs across the nation- sans the fact we can't quite afford to lose great players as much as say those schools can right now.

I just thought these articles would give a better perspective when comparing USF, and allowing some fans to remove the blinders and realize that it's not fair to demand MORE of our coaches then what's being served up at all the other Top 25 programs that surround us.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i dont see what the big deal is about players having kids and people talking about it like its a black eye or something.

sure its probably not the most conventional situation but still....its just being a dad.  not a criminal or anything.

of course in brian fisher's situation it may be a little bit different because he was pretty much a deadbeat dad but then you have guys like Ben Moffitt who has kids, a wife, and drives like 40 miles a day to go to school and play football.  he is a father is happens to be a d-1 athlete.  what is the huge problem with that?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

To add to SB's fire power, the Trib mentioned only 8 ot 65 BCS schools were able to get all of thier signnees on to campus.  UF was actually on of those schools.  I imagine 9 in not one of the better number of casualties but only 12% retained all of thier recruits.  Thought I'd throw that out there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,746
  • Content Count:  37,632
  • Days Won:  29

I am Proud to be part of BULL Nation !

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think usf has as much wiggle room as more established programs like auburn,gators and the like

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15

Most schools miss on 2-4.

9 is excessive.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Most schools miss on 2-4.

9 is excessive.

Craig,

You're late to the story.  In fact, we appreciate your concern and college football knowledge, but we do not need UCF or any other school's fans to provide commentary.  

We don't ban other schools fans, but we also ask them to stick to the boards best suited for them and that is the State of Florida board or the USF-UCF board (no holds barred smack forum).  

We've hashed over this particular story time and time again and to have a UCFer come in and stir the pot would not be a favorable contribution to the community.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Brad, aka Bulliever

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

We don't ban other schools fans, but we also ask them to stick to the boards best suited for them and that is the State of Florida board or the USF-UCF board (no holds barred smack forum).

Geez, Brad, don't give them the option of going to poor DP's board until you get his super powers back to him. Just hook em up directly to the Poo Flinging Board.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

in this mess...sometimes people will buy into the rhetoric thrown about why UCF fans, or read the articles from writers that are fishing, but the reality is USF is not much, if at all different then other Universities from our player make-up.

Look at this article:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-ufbeat2906aug29,0,2382598.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-gators

Whaaa, a gator actually has children?  Three to be exact.  No disrespect to Steve Harris, and I am glad to see he got his priorities in order but it is interesting as sometimes you could read or hear that USF is the only one with players that have children- I actually know of about a half-dozen Gators for sure that have them, and I am sure there is plenty more.  This is the norm in college.

Or how about the suspended for violation of team policies.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2006-08-26-miami-moore-suspended_x.htm

Miami, UF, Bama, UGA, and Auburn - just to name a few :D have suspended starters for the first few games for violating team policies.  This is what a few aforementioned players did and are being punished for it.  Isn't it odd that certain media outlets didn't continue fishing on those issues until they dug up exactly what the violations were, then amplified the issue by making a front sports page expose', and then making further references of leniency, and monitoring issues.  Hmmmm, the more you loook around the more you realize we're no different, from personnel issues, then most big programs across the nation- sans the fact we can't quite afford to lose great players as much as say those schools can right now.

I just thought these articles would give a better perspective when comparing USF, and allowing some fans to remove the blinders and realize that it's not fair to demand MORE of our coaches then what's being served up at all the other Top 25 programs that surround us.

Bien you just don't get it.... ;)

Don't you know it's just easier to rip on your own team just for the sake of trying to be different or in the case of smazza, for sake of adding another useless post.

When beatwriters read this board and see the negativity that seems to overwhelm this place is it a wonder that they go back and slant their stories the way they do?

Sure somethings aren't going as planned but USF is not any different than other well known BCS teams that oversign players, or former national champions that open the season with kids on suspension etc...