• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sometimes you realize USF isn't alone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Most schools miss on 2-4.

9 is excessive.

you are a phcking moron and I hope the mods grow a set and chase idiots like you away.

Do the math...if you sign 29 kids but only have 22 scholarships, don't you think the staff knows something?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

i dont think usf has as much wiggle room as more established programs like auburn,gators and the like

Smazza is correct in this case.  Those other teams have such depth that a few losses don't hurt too much.  We've picked up an awful lot of walk-ons recently and some are being called on to fill gaps.  Let's hope these walk-ons have the ability to fill those gaps successfully.

i dont think usf has as much wiggle room as more established programs like auburn,gators and the like

Smazza is correct in this case.  Those other teams have such depth that a few losses don't hurt too much.  We've picked up an awful lot of walk-ons recently and some are being called on to fill gaps.  Let's hope these walk-ons have the ability to fill those gaps successfully.

Virginia Tech has a thriving walk-on program, as does Texas A&M, Clemson, FSU etc...

The difference between the schools smazza listed and USF is that fans from those schools don't turn on their own team and don't have unrealistic expectations about a 9 year old program.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Actually 10 year old program now ;)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

Virginia Tech has a thriving walk-on program, as does Texas A&M, Clemson, FSU etc...

The difference between the schools smazza listed and USF is that fans from those schools don't turn on their own team and don't have unrealistic expectations about a 9 year old program.

Comparing our walk-ons to walk-ons at VTech, Clemson and FSU is an unrealistic expectation in my opinion.  As a 9 year old program, we just aren't at that level yet where we can have the best of the best come and walk-on our practice field.  It's not "turn(ing) on their own team" to realize that we just aren't there yet.  

Losing proven starters and replacing with walk-ons is going to hurt, unless these walk-ons can really step it up.

Smazza might not say things too eloquently and is always seen as negative around here, but in this case he's right-on.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

9 is excessive.

you are a phcking moron and I hope the mods grow a set and chase idiots like you away.

Do the math...if you sign 29 kids but only have 22 scholarships, don't you think the staff knows something?

Bingo!!!  Folks just don't get it.  We signed 29 or so kids and just FLAT OUT didn't have 29 scholarships to give out, SO WE STILL HAVE NEARLY A FULL CLASS.  If we had 22 scholarships to give and gave out 22 and THEN lost 9, it would be totally a different story, but we gave out more than we had available, to cover our butts in case some didn't qualify.  Well, guess what some didn't but we still have nearly a full class, it isn't down as much as some would have you to believe.  AND some may be back next year.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115

HEY WAR!  Don't you know that the word "yet" is not in the official smazz dictionary?

Perfection just happens when you open the door, everything else is just an excuse for failure.

Kinda like the guy in the Dodge "Hemi" commercials... actors.

You would think with all this experience they would be chasing national titles already.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

9 is excessive.

In response to the bolded text:  It's doubtful that the knight fan knew all the facts CB.  You did a good job educating him, and that is what really matters.  He's new, he certainly doesn't know the expectations of our board.  He does now.  We can't just zap anyone that joins a conversation unprepared.  We'd be zapping all sorts of posters, USF and otherwise.  I mean, he does get one strike by being a knight, other than that, I plan to be fair.   :D

9 is excessive.

In response to the bolded text:  It's doubtful that the knight fan knew all the facts CB.  You did a good job educating him, and that is what really matters.  He's new, he certainly doesn't know the expectations of our board.  He does now.  We can't just zap anyone that joins a conversation unprepared.  We'd be zapping all sorts of posters, USF and otherwise.  I mean, he does get one strike by being a knight, other than that, I plan to be fair.   :D

Sorry, I must have contracted Leavittitis, which is a nasty distaste for stupid questions or factless inuendo.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

still not the best company

and i doubt parents would be happy to send their kids here

being different in this case is not a bad thing