• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Prominentwon, What do you think the score will be Saturday between us?

I'm looking for a 31-17 game.  USF.  I looked over the prediction thread at the top of the page and laughed at some of the things that I read.  That's just being ignorant and having no idea who the Cowboys are.  They are just guessing because it's a I-AA team.  ...

I had probably the most redi ... crasiest  ;) prediction  8-)

I hope you entered the contest.

Plancher & Smith do seem to be the #1 & #2 RB's right now.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Prominentwon, What do you think the score will be Saturday between us?

I'm looking for a 31-17 game.  USF.  I looked over the prediction thread at the top of the page and laughed at some of the things that I read.  That's just being ignorant and having no idea who the Cowboys are.  They are just guessing because it's a I-AA team.  I guess they forget where South Florida was a few years back.

Hopefully we've grown up on defense and are capable of stopping Julsmite.  you guys lost your starting TB and a couple others because of suspension, correct?  Chambers?  I'm not 100% sure.   I don't think he will matter because you guys got a serious stud with Amp hill.  I watched him before he blew out his knee at LSU.  I promise you guys, he would've been on the field as a true freshman if not for his knee.  USF offense wasn't very kosher last year.  (Louisville was a fluke.  Yeah I said it).  Defensively, I do believe you guys are talented, it's just the offensive side of the ball that the Bulls are slacking.  Are Plancher and Smith the starters or am I missing someone?

Yes we were 1AA a few years ago and used to get stomped by 1A teams just like we're going to do to mcneese.  You're right we have no idea who you are because you are nobody.  Hope you make the trip to watch our "poor lil' ole FORMER 1AA team".   ::)

You have no clue.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

You have no clue.  

;D  I have no clue that South Florida will be lucky to finish 3rd in the Big East?  Excuse me while I laugh while you talk major trash concerning a I-AA team.  

With the offense you guys have, Rutgers has just a good of a chance to finish 3rd as you guys.  RUTGERS!  ;D  It's quite a high octane offense.  i don't care what you do against us.  I've come on this board and started off saying I wasn't talking trash and even said that McNeese was going to lose this game because I know better.  Yet, you're going to talk trash to me?  Please.

You're right we have no idea who you are because you are nobody.

Yeah, A&M thought the same thing.   :o  I hope your team goes into the game thinking the same thing.  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

C'mon now... we're above trash talking to 1-AA teams.  No offense to the McNeese folks, of course, who have been more than gracious in their visits here.  There is just a talent difference between the Big East and the Southland conference that will become evident as the game wears on.

FYI, Prominent, I picked 33-14 USF in the contest.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Football teams can be a lot like a hurricane.  When we played Louisville things came together and we were like a cat 3 or 4.

Hurricanes are fluke storms.  Cat 3 and 4 storms happen a couple times a year.  Not the entire hurricane season.

Um that Cat 1 Storm that hit Miami later became the storm of the century that wrecked havoc on the Gulf coast...   The big bad storm everyone was so worried about this week is now a big thunderstorm, but it still could end up causing great damage in the Carolinas.   A football team can have the same consistency and last year that was our team.  When we played Louisville we were that good unfortunately later we were not.  

I thought you guys would like the hurricane analogy since you are so good at sandbagging.   ;)

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Were not talking smack about McCheese. What were talking about is people thinking that were not equal too teams like T. Tech, who are going to finish 4th in their own division, much less conference.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Mcneese won't score on this defense

Lots of talk from an "elite" defense that couldn't shut out Florida A&M. Sure, they scored 3, but that's not a shutout that you're claiming for the 1st game of the season.   I'm sure the defense will be in mid-season form and won't make any mistakes.  The MEAC and SWAC are the laughing stocks of I-AA football.  Ignorance shows it's ugly face again.  Like I said in an earlier post, do you not remember where South Florida was a few years ago?

USF shut out Syracuse last year......but who didn't?  

For the record guys:  I'm not here to talk trash, I just can't stand on the sidelines while people speak about something they fail to read or learn about.

ok, a couple quick points.... famu scored 3 points, it was in the 4th qtr when our 3rd and 4th string was in.  they didn't even have a 1st down in the first half.  only 85 yards total offense the WHOLE game.

2nd, yes, USF was a i-aa team a few years ago, but we also just started playing football.  we were the fastest team in the country in the history of college football to go from start up to d-1 bowl game.  its not where you're from but where your at.  how long has mcneese st been around?  

3rd, yes, USF shut out Syracuse, who else did??? NO ONE!!! thats right, the mighty FSU gave up 14 points to syracuse at tally, notre dame gave up 10 points in south bend, we shut them out at Syracuse.

so i find it VERY funny on your last line of your post how people comment on things they fail to read or learn about.  take your own advice, shut up and take your beating on saturday like a man.  if you guys score 10 ill be surprised

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

<take your beating like a man>....

If you think we're going to simply show up to collect a check and then bend over for you, you're sadly mistaken.  

Keep that attitude going into the game.  That's perfect for us....

You may win this game based on superior depth, but you'll have to work for it....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If you think we're going to simply show up to collect a check and then bend over for you, you're sadly mistaken.  

You do realize that this just a message board and none of us will actually be playing on Saturday .......... ?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

<take your beating like a man>....

You may win this game based on superior depth, but you'll have to work for it....

haha, you guys are funny.  first off...does it even matter what i think?  our team will be ready to go just as much, enough more, then they were last opener against Penn St.  we will have to work for it, of course.  but just because we are working doesn;t mean it still won't be a shut down game.  just gonna have to wait and see like everyone else.  you guys may have a good year and i understand that you are excited for all the hope that a new season brings but we are just on another level then you guys.  thats the facts of d-1a vs d-1aa.  big east football vs which ever conference you guys are in.  i'm sure your players will show up and play hard but i'm not expecting to have the outcome still in doubt by the middle of the 3rd qtr