• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

It's bad enough we barely beat Grand Canyon University... why would you want to play local YMCA's teams and lose? It definitely won't help with their confidence.

Let's all say a little prayer for USF basketball before the season begins.

Dear Lord,

Please have mercy on the Green and Gold.

I know our current coach gives many players second chances as he takes everyone and anyone from the Juco ranks.

I just wish you would have given the proper guidance to give Bob Huggins a second chance.

That is a man that can relate to the recruits RMC brings in.

David Sills... he had nothing on some of the players Huggins has coached.

And please Lord, don't tease us late and give us false hopes.

Either let us win early or not at all...

Making a tourney and winning two games against ranked teams after being humilitated all season long is a cruel twist of fate that beset us in CUSA.

Amen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Good morning T.Willy... we're doing a USF function with the other schools from Florida that wish they were as cool as us out here soon... I'll give you the specifics once I receive them in the coming weeks. Go back to bed now... it's Saturday!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Hey another Arizonan...alright...Bulls all over the place.

Let's save our prayers for the hoops team.  "Offering a prayer" is just your sly way to show no confidence law dog.   I am not praying for them, I am expecting some improvement.  I don't think there is one person that thinks improvement is not necessary.  But, should a hurricane hit the Bulls dorm and our players are stranded under the rubble drinking contaminated water and battling dysentery for weeks, I'll be the first to pray for the team and perhaps think CRM had another bad break and deserves more time.

Until then, we need to stop with the insults and the maligning of the program.  We are Bulls.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Gene Bartow, now that brings back memories.  I remember the game that he got throw out after going into a rampage because of a foul called on Chucky taking a 3.  I have never seen anyone that mad before.  His son and other coaches had to hold him back and convince him to leave.  ANd of course Death Row and the student section didnt make it any easier on him as he left.  I think I have that game on tape still.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Recruiting has been terrible.

Only reason I called it a mixed bag up to this point is we may be on the verge of having one of his recruits drafted in the second round of the NBA draft.

Remember we used to make fun of teams like Cincy who was known as Transfer and Juco Central.

We made fun of them while they were kicking our butts, for the most part. I don't care how Mac builds a winner here, transfers, jucos, 4 year recruits .... bottom line is showing improvement and winning as we go along.

How is going to italy going to improve our players?  

Going to Italy helps because teams that are approved to travel overseas get to practice together with the coaches well well before the season starts.  This means that USF will have an extra two months of practice time this year.

It's the same reason why going to a bowl game is that important to a football team.  More time with the coaches to work on plays, fundamentals, etc.

The competition is a secondary concern.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Remember practice makes perfect.  If we want to be good at anything it takes practice and more practice.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

The Italy trip will also allow this group of individuals to come together and be a TEAM.