• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Homecoming game vs Pitt on TV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

i'm sure recruits would love to play before a packed house, but one thing they also want to do and one thing they ask about is, how many games did you have on t.v. and how many games will you have on t.v., it gets them out there to the nfl.  and its one game turkey, if your not going to buy season tickets, because of one game, you aren't a real fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, I usually don't get into this, "Are you a real fan or not" thing, but if one doesn't go to a game just because it's at noon or 1:00 pm, or Thursday night, Friday night, or Sunday, then one really can't call themselves a fan.

If you have a scheduling conflict it's one thing, but just because the game doesn't fit into your ideal time slot, is completely different.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's their choice to make, as it is mine not to buy tickets.

I wonder if they would rather be on TV with only a few bodies in the stands or play before a packed house.

Why waste your time at all then?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

SC is right, USF isn't one of those stops on most NFL scouts lists. TV plays an important role in the display and promotion of our players.

Turkey, I'm sorry your so offended by noon games that you'd want to give up your tickets. Reality is if you want to be this big program so that you quit ripping into it you have to make sacrifices. Outside the Big 10 most people will agree noon games suck (many Big 10 teams only play day games because they don't have lights on their stadiums).

The reality of it all is that at this point of we do want tv coverage, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday Nights or Early Saturday are the best options.

ESPN 1 & 2 and ABC, the BE broadcast partners have Saturday Nights booked for the most part, the ESPNs have deals with the SEC, ACC, and Big 10 to show their games on Saturday night.

i'll even be at this game, and i'm trying to keep shabbat, so if i can make the sacrifice and make it to the game, then so can you

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

i'm sure recruits would love to play before a packed house, but one thing they also want to do and one thing they ask about is, how many games did you have on t.v. and how many games will you have on t.v., it gets them out there to the nfl.  and its one game turkey, if your not going to buy season tickets, because of one game, you aren't a real fan

I didn't say I wouldn't buy tickets or go... I will... everyone here will. Next year I'll be adding tickets to my season pack, and I'd do it for a season of Tuesday night games.  The problem is not us, it's the other 20-30K casual football fans (not USF fans but football fans) that WON'T come to the games.

We need to face facts.  Now (and for a good long time) USF football will play 2nd fiddle to the Bucs, UF, FSU, Ybor beer drinking, shopping at Publix, and a lot of other things until we build up a history and a loyal fan base.  Until that time, we (as a program) need to do everything we can to reach out to the public.

If we win, we will be on TV.  But if we are playing on TV with 3thousand in the stands, we look horrible.

nam37 i was referring to turkey when i said that, as turkey has said he won't buy tickets because of that game

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Some fans want it all their way and ***** when our games are NOT on TV and ***** when the times get switched for it.

I realize some people have family commitments but lets face it is ONLY SIX games a year so if you cant make ONE game at noon then you really are not much of a fan.

Ill be there even if i have to drive up at 7 am like i did last time.

Go Bulls!!!!

and if you ask any player would he rather play on tv in front of 15,000 or at night no tv and 30,000 . TV will win out every time.

TV is the only way we will get our name around the nation and the crowd wont matter as much as wether we WIN. It sure as hell didnt hurt Miami when they were starting to be known

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Actually, it was even worse (6th lowest attended USF Game)...only about 1/2 of that number showed up.

(FYI...below article shows ACTUAL attendance...and not the number USF reports to the NCAA, which for Pitt, USF reported 23,417)

From Tampa Tribune

Dec 9, 2004

What's Up - Make That Down - With Football Attendance?

TAMPA - South Florida football fans either like to sleep in Saturday mornings or aren't interested in supporting a losing team.

Whatever the reason, the Bulls' average home attendance this year was 19,699, nearly 25 percent less than last season.

``We're not alarmed by it,'' said USF associate AD Tom Veit, the Bulls' marketing director.

Included in the Bulls' worst home attendance since 2001 were the fourth- and sixth- smallest crowds in school history, against Memphis (12,719) and Pittsburgh (12,832).

USF's other home games: Tennessee Tech (18,192), Southern Miss (23,770), Army (31,482) and East Carolina (19,201).

``We didn't have the usual winning tradition this year as past seasons,'' Veit said. ``We had every possible scheduling problem hit us. There wasn't any single reason why attendance was down and we're still building our fan base.''

The Bulls' attendance numbers were the second worst in the Big East.

KL just got off....

You really live and breath this attendance crap don't you?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Is not being a "real fan (whatever that is) supposed to make me feel bad?  

It's not just a matter of one game, but the trend of scheduling games for the "TV Fans" rather than the guy in the stands.

How many games (home) are scheduled for Saturday nights this year?   So far there's one scheduled for a Friday night, and now this one (Pitt) which in all likelyhood will be played early in the day, the other four remain up in the air.  That's 1/3rd of the schedule and if one more goes that way it will be 1/2 of the schedule.