• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Homecoming game vs Pitt on TV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

No offense guys... its about the game... not the pre-game festivities. I'd rather play at noon hung over from Friday and win than tailgate from noon until 7 PM and lose. By playing a game at noon, we are at a huge advantage to Pitt. It will be very cold in Pitt come homecoming... the heat down here will do a number on them come the 2nd half.

I still remember Leavitt the week of homecoming commenting on what a bunch of circus crap that stuff was and for us not to even think about getting caught up in the middle of it. Hell... during the season... you don't have time for that stuff anyways... I still don't have a clue as what went on during the homecoming in my 2000 season. Did we even have homecoming? I was a Leavitt robot then  ;D.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

I agree lets win the game and party afterwards.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

At least if it is noon, its in November.  But I hope it stays at 7PM.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

No offense guys... its about the game... not the pre-game festivities. I'd rather play at noon hung over from Friday and win than tailgate from noon until 7 PM and lose. By playing a game at noon, we are at a huge advantage to Pitt. It will be very cold in Pitt come homecoming... the heat down here will do a number on them come the 2nd half.

I still remember Leavitt the week of homecoming commenting on what a bunch of circus crap that stuff was and for us not to even think about getting caught up in the middle of it. Hell... during the season... you don't have time for that stuff anyways... I still don't have a clue as what went on during the homecoming in my 2000 season. Did we even have homecoming? I was a Leavitt robot then  ;D.

If that was the choice, I'd certainly consider it an easy one. But I don't think a Tampa November noon is going to kill the Pitt kids. That being the case, I'd rather have a 7:00 game where the SuperBull X festivities for students AND alumni--and most importantly, our own attendance--can be at their prime than a noon game which people are more likely not to attend.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Having games at noon is pretty standard for college football, USF has been spoiled for many years

I think UT had at least 3 12-1230 games last season.  It is a lot easier getting up to start tailgating than you would think.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I went to a game at Ole Miss in 2002 and it was at noon, we went to bed at 6am and woke up at 8 to continue what we started. And I had to dress in a freaking shirt and tie (Ole Miss frat tradition)

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I can't be the only one that thinks noon games in RJS suck pretty royally.  

ESPECIALLY homecoming!

If this happen we are getting screwed and I (a faithful season ticket holder) am not happy.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Having night home games was a luxury we had as being a member of CUSA and pre CUSA.  That luxury was afforded because we were rarely broadcast on TV outside of the local market.  However, as we transition into being a bigger player on the national scene we will have day games due to television contracts which entails more cash for the program.

Do I like noon kickoffs?   About as much as I like a swift kick in the balls. Its about as good to my tailgate party as the undercover cops who used to raid when I was below the legal age.  

For students and other low responsibilty fans it does not pose as much of a problem as it does for the fans with young kids involved with youth sports.  For those of you with youngsters I Feel for you, your posed with the problem of missing a child's game to attend the Bull's game. In a perfect world you'd be able to attend both the kid's game and the Bull's game.  Hell in a perfect world, the OCS would be built, we'd have won a national title last year and I wouldn't be typing on this computer in Baton Rouge, but on the beach with some hotties.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

sheriff, you forget that the last time pitt came to usf the game was played during the day at like 11 or 12:30 start, and we all know how that turned out, with a loss and a ton of pitt fans taking over the student section before the game started, as well as the student section being rather empty.  noon games suck and if usf wants a big showing at its homecoming, it will keep the game at 7

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I dont think the weather will be a factor, regardless. It seems like half of their team is from Florida anyway.