• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Baseball Coach

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Some more glaring exampes of USF's lack of committment to building CHAMPIONSHIP programs.

read this quote and tell me one guy -- in any industry in the country would even THINK -- alone say it -- that he desreves to keep his job.  This bone head hasn't been to the dance in 9 seasons -- and has lost more games then he has won over the last 4.  He must be hanging out with MAC over at Rocky's drinking the crazy kool-aid.

---------

Although Cardieri guided USF to nine NCAA Tournaments and 731 wins, his future has been doubt because of his contract situation and a sub-.500 record (267-269) the past nine seasons, including this year's 23-35 record, the second worst of his USF career.

USF athletic director Doug Woolard said he would meet with Cardieri next week.

"I don't have any plans right now," Cardieri said. "I want to take some time. I want to go to the beach and get away and think about some things and see what's on Doug's mind. As of right now, at this moment, I'm 100 percent that I want to return."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Bulls actually went to NCAAs in 2001 and 2002. I don't think he's saying he deserves the job; he's saying he's sure he wants the job.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"USF athletic director Doug Woolard said he would meet with Cardieri next week. "

WHY? :o

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

to pass the "PINK" slip....

or maybe not

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

As somebody (Cyber?) pointed out, this is a man who has given over 23 years of service to the university.  While I have been an outspoken critic of Cardieri and his apparent lack of motivation, I also appreciate the time, dedication and loyalty he's shown to USF over the past quarter century.

I think that Woolard needs to move in a different direction, but I sure hope that he does it in a respectful way.

USFFan

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

So much for Woolard telling him to resign instead of being fired.  It would be obvious if EC resigns after saying he wants to return.  

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I think we will see the first firing (or not extending a contract) by DW.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

"USF athletic director Doug Woolard said he would meet with Cardieri next week. "

WHY? :o

Based on things that were in the paper, there were Big East meetings, which I presume DW was present at. He might also have went out to L.A. to see the softball team play, so he wouldn't be back until after the holiday.

Nothing wrong with waiting until after the holiday to meet. DW has enough respect to not make a decision while the Big East baseball tournament is still going on, in our backyard.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe Smazza and I can corner DW and ask about Huggy bear!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Maybe Smazza and I can corner DW and ask about Huggy bear!

Oh you'll love that story.  Suffice it to say you won't be a proponent of Huggy's anymore.  Change will probably be necessary next year with that sport to, but not with that man coming in.