• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs sign Andre Hall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

F the Bucs

F U

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

The Bucs can go to hell!  Andre should have been drafted!  The Bucs had tons of spots throughout the draft and could have atleast drafted him in the 7th round.  I hate it when people are taken advantage of.  Personally, if you tell me to come play for you when you could have drafted me then I would tell you to go to hell.  Obviously Andre wants to play, but if I were him I would test the market.  This draft has taken my time for the past two days and I am furious to see Andre not drafted.  Obviously not every team needed a running back but what the hell happened!  Best of luck to Andre and I will cheer him on no matter where and what he does.  

....wow....

maybe you should stop following sports and take up a more productive hobby, like knitting.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

agreed..

The hill ahead for Hall:

Cadillac Williams

Michael Pittman

Mike Alstott

Earnest Graham

Jerald Sowell (formerly w/ Jets)

Other backs on their current roster:

Carey Davis

Robert Douglas

Rick Razzano

Derek Watson

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Bucs sign Andre Hall

USF running back Andre Hall wasn't drafted Sunday, but he's landed right here in Tampa, agreeing to sign a free-agent contract with the Bucs after Sunday's draft. Here's what Bucs coach Jon Gruden had to say about Hall in his post-draft press conference:

"He's a heck of a back. There's so many good players out there that don't get drafted. We're going to try to get him."

"He probably hasn't played as long as some of the other backs. He didn't play very long in high school, was a junior college player. Maybe there's some people who can question whether to do it again. The film we looked at, we certainly recognized him as a top-flight back, a guy who can run and catch."

posted by Greg Auman @ 4/30/2006 06:25:00 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

USF's Hall Signs With Bucs

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: May 1, 2006

TAMPA - University of South Florida running back Andre Hall signed a free agent contract with the Tampa Bay Bucs today.

Projected in most mock drafts as a fourth- or fifth-round selection, Hall was not among the 255 players selected in the seven rounds of the draft.

Hall led the Big East in rushing last season and in only two seasons at USF was the Bulls' all-time leading rusher.

Find this article at:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGB0Q07ZNME.html  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

The hill ahead for Hall:

Cadillac Williams

Michael Pittman

Mike Alstott

Earnest Graham

Jerald Sowell (formerly w/ Jets)

Other backs on their current roster:

Carey Davis

Robert Douglas

Rick Razzano

Derek Watson

Sowell and Razzano are fb's, as is Alstott (officially) who's probably playing his last year. Andre's main competition will probably be Graham and Watson ........ He should, at least, hopefully, make the practice squad this first year if they see any potential at all.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You know I wouldn't mind the Bucs keeping him on the squad and sending him to EUrope for a year to help develop further. It's better than scouting the arena league/staying on practice squads

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290

I believe Bucs used their strategy to get Hall. since they may have communicated with Hall's agent and learned no team was interested in Hall so Bucs did not want to waste their pick to Hall.  Bucs grabbed the advantage to pick someone else similiar one free pick. IMO, thats how Hall signed Bucs today.  Bucs may cut 3 or 4th round drafted player anyway.  Bucs know Hall have lot of talent especailly protect the ball very well. I don't think he ever fumbled in last 2 years. didn't he?

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Assuming Andre makes the Bucs and does good things for them, this could be great for USF football--it's not long before Bucs fans see him producing and start to follow the dotted line back to Ray Jay's real other team.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

Diddy, while I appreciate your lifestyle choice, I have to inform you that I do not swing that way. Do you have any sisters?

F U