• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Severino

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Hey guys - sorry for the stint of absence. School has been kinda rough lately. I was recently surfing TBO.com and SPTimes.com to catch up on what's going on with Bulls football, and I see all kinds of articles about the 3-way battle between Julmiste, Hill, and Grothe. WHY is Anthony Severino not being considered?!? As I understand it, he turned down a lot of scholarships at other schools because he wanted to walk on to USF's team - and is he not being considered because he's not on scholarship? I hear he really is better than any of the other three. At least Capko got some good playing time as a walk-on for the BBall team. Why should they keep leading Severino on if their never going to play him????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Where did you hear he's better than all of the opther three?  I find that hard to believe if PJ has started over him the past 2 seasons.  If Capko is any indication, keep him on the bench.  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

did you see the spring game Severino is a great kid but I must say no to him as the starter at QB

But in saying that I want to see him on the field alot this year............ ( he holds for the extra points ;) )

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Good kid.  Good athlete.  Just not starter material right now.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Hes a good kid and has the ambition and heart like Capko, but he doesnt have the arm for D1A QB, He has great knowledge of the game and will make out to be a really good coach someday...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

As a pure passer he sits only behind grothe, and SHOULD start here if his arm magically got better.

Honestly, I might have put him in over PJ, but while he's athletic he is not the runner the other QB's are...I think that's played a role.  Other than ronnie banks, we've not played a slow QB in years.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

IF he was hitting passes under 20 yds and making good decisions that would have made him better than PJ...so something does not add up.

now, if he could only hit passes under 10 yds then maybe pj is better

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

No coach is going to go with a non scholarship player who isnt WAY above a scholarship player. If the kid showed up all world yeah, he will play. But what coach wants to explain that he is losing games with a non-scholarship QB when he has 3 on the bench with scholarships.

Servino is a fine young man from what I hear. I also think he should have gotten any scholarship money we had that we werent using. But if we have better prospects at different positions we can give the money to, than we should do just that. Servino wont ever be the starting QB here.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I heard the same arguement from someone in the know and at every practice when they were in Tucson for the softball tourney. You have to be way better than the schollie guy to start... or what would that say about the coaches recruiting...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf still has qb problems after all these years