• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rate the QB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I thought Grant Gregory looked good this weekend.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I did not see (or hear) the game, but based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I want Matt to be our starter.  He seems to have the most upside.  I think with the majority of the reps in the Fall and our first two games, he'd be ready for conference play.

Did Grothe play against the 1st or second team d/  Haven't got my game tape yet.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Did Grothe play against the 1st or second team d/  Haven't got my game tape yet.

The way they were divided plus the ones sitting out with injuries, I don't believe you could call either the White or Green D first or second team ....

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Give the Severinio kid a scholarship some confidence and a pat on the back and you will have your man.  

I couldn't agree more, he was definitely the biggest surprise of the day.  

Carlton Hill looked rusty, it was obvious he hasn't been at practice.  If he gets with the program, he has the best physical attributes out of all 4.  

Grothe could have easily had 4 or 5 picks as he would lock onto a reciever (this was especially bad when scrambling outta the pocket).  I sure hope he looked better in previous practices than the spring game if so many people on this board think he's the "real deal".    

Pat Julmiste outplayed every other QB in that game.  His biggest problem is throwing form / technique.  Something you think his QB coach would have addressed by now...    

Which leads me to this; whoever gets the nod, the QB play will come down to Rod Smith.  Did he learn his lessons from last year?  What does he bring to the table in season 2 of OC / QB coach that he didn't last year?  Will he stick with a QB through those painful, (but necessary) early QB mistakes long enough to develop?

These are the questions that will determine the success of whoever gets the job.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If 6 of 13 for 87 yards is outplaying every other QB, then we are indeed in trouble.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

Grothe could have easily had 4 or 5 picks as he would lock onto a reciever (this was especially bad when scrambling outta the pocket).  I sure hope he looked better in previous practices than the spring game if so many people on this board think he's the "real deal".

Oh yee of little faith.....  I dont think I have ever heard " he could have had more picks", but he did not, that is the key...  twilly goes on my list of I told ya so's

But hey its all good    

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

PREACH fLIP.  Kid is a RSFR yet completed more passes than a 5th year senior and his stud backup!  Once he can read a college defense a little better he'll be fine.  Also, our defense, whether it's first team second team or whatever, isn't exactly a bunch of slouches.  I don;t believe MG will face a better defense than our own until the last game of this season.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

If 6 of 13 for 87 yards is outplaying every other QB, then we are indeed in trouble.

Sounds like a typical outing by PJ, no completions over 15 yards.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Sounds like a typical outing by PJ, no completions over 15 yards.

Still, he didn't turn it over and had some good runs.  And 2 of his throws were in fact for over 15 yards.  I actually feel he throws those BETTER.  What perplexes me about PJ is how he ROCKETS things like swing passes and other touch passes, often into the ground or waaaaaaay over a wideout's head.

Someone called out Grothe for locking onto one wideout...but I can't think of another QB on our roster that is not guilty of this.  Grothe will get better...let's hope by fall.  Otherwise, we should stick with PJ, and start running more options.