• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rate the QB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

but keep in mind this is the first time he has been on the field at ray jay and was nervouse as hell

IMO this is why CJL will go with Hill or PJ

they have both started and played in big games...not saying I agree with this philosophy just the way I see it progressing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

you copy my statement but leave out the part " he got into the grove" its all good

yes because I think CJL wants to feel comfortable from the get go and not when a RS freshman gets comfortable. I still think he regrets starting CD at PSU last yr.

Just my read....I could be way off but just how i see it.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Man i will be very mad if Julmiste starts at Mcneese st.

^^^ me also....I was at PSU and was happy for a second when I saw CD on the field....then that ended quickly.

I think the best thing for the team would be for C4 to get his $hit together oe else I think we will see PJ start the season.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

To my eyes, Grothe was my top QB. The kid really impressed me because he bounced back after that rocky start. He seemed to be nervous in his first two series, but I noticed a winner during his third series. The two INTs dont bother me because it was pretty much great defense by Mike Jenkins (especially the second INT). What I liked is when Rod Smith talked to Grothe right after that second INT. I noticed Grothe kind of motioning that he was trying to do too much rather than throw the ball away. I really love the way Grothe plays the game. He truley reminds me of a Brett Favre type of QB. Overall, I think all four QBs look like an improvement over last season, but I really think USF needs to start Grothe because this kid is going to be special.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

To my eyes, Grothe was my top QB. The kid really impressed me because he bounced back after that rocky start. He seemed to be nervous in his first two series, but I noticed a winner during his third series. The two INTs dont bother me because it was pretty much great defense by Mike Jenkins (especially the second INT). What I liked is when Rod Smith talked to Grothe right after that second INT. I noticed Grothe kind of motioning that he was trying to do too much rather than throw the ball away. I really love the way Grothe plays the game. He truley reminds me of a Brett Favre type of QB. Overall, I think all four QBs look like an improvement over last season, but I really think USF needs to start Grothe because this kid is going to be special.

He isn't polished.  If they played tomorrow, I'd take PJ.

But you're absolutely right.  What we saw out of Grothe today shows a ton of potential.  Going through progressions, looking for the pass before scrambling, and good throwing power/accuracy.  Once he gets more comfortable back there (both with a starting line blocking and experience), there will be less picks.

Of the 4, I see him having the most potential to wind up an NFL QB hands down.  I just hope he can progess enough to be a starter by fall.  If not, I'll be a bit torn between PJ and Hill, both of which are much less comfortable passing in my eyes.

Nobody else has mentioned PJ's run on this thread - he broke a tackle or two on it easily.  If he isn't playing QB this season, why not make him a fullback?  I'm sure he has at least an idea of who to block (being a QB), and he's strong.  I wouldn't mind seeing him run more often if he can do things like that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

I am anxious to see the tape, but am sticking with GrothE ... and now the coaches are making statements about Hill´s grades in the classromm ... he may RS if he can not get it together.

Will know come the fall.

Go BULLS !!!

Unless Growthe has a Growth spurt he will not have a shot to be an NFL qb

i think if hill does RS PJ will start and Growthe wil get some playing time when PJ stinks it up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Unless Growthe has a Growth spurt he will not have a shot to be an NFL qb

i think if hill does RS PJ will start and Growthe wil get some playing time when PJ stinks it up

So we will see alot of GrothE in Game 1