• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rate the QB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

What stood out to me in regards to the QB play was Grothe going through his reads and becoming more comfortable as the game progressed.  Grothe needs to get stronger this summer to add more zip to his throws, if he can do that I think the Bulls will have the QB they have been lacking.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

What stood out to me in regards to the QB play was Grothe going through his reads ...

And as I have said ... GrothE studied and played a very similiar Offense his SR year at Lake Gibson. His RS year, he studied game films and our play book.

He understands the Big East Defenses pretty well ... heard a few comments of his play and reads.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I did not see (or hear) the game, but based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I want Matt to be our starter.  He seems to have the most upside.  I think with the majority of the reps in the Fall and our first two games, he'd be ready for conference play.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

"The highway’s jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive"

That one line (see subject) describes our QB situation.  Obscure reference, but true.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

wehn a starter is shaky (PJ) they always say the backup is the most popular guy on the team....

I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win this season to be our qb.....not sure who that is right now.

Last yr we all hoped it was CD....now most are hoping Grothe.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I am anxious to see the tape, but am sticking with GrothE ...

Go BULLS !!!

Where are you getting a tape from E.T?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Give the Severinio kid a scholarship some confidence and a pat on the back and you will have your man.  I look at his leadership ability with minimum prior reps, and his ability to move the team.  I won't even consider the pick he threw as everyone knew where they were going with trips to the strong side and one on one on the weak.  One of the other spectators said the kid was heading to law school and has a high GPA.  Hmmmm.  Last I heard, the ability to make good decisions was high on the "good" QB list.  He has a good arm, good field vision, good height, and good speed.  I would think the ability to make good decisions with the ball would be high priority.  Give the guy a chance with the coaches blessing and you might have the leader you need to succeed in the Big East!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

PJ will be starting

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

grothe

lumps in 2006

BE champs and BCS in 2007 and 2008

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

grothe

lumps in 2006

BE champs and BCS in 2007 and 2008

Possibly, but 2006 is suppose to be a good year too.  Hard to sacrifice a season so someone can get their 'lumps'.  He will get playing time, so will Hill, and even if PJ assumes the reigns and doesn't let go you can bet both will get enough minutes to carry some stacked teams in 2007 and 08.  

If you want Grothe or Hill to start you all need to start hoping they step up and win the job.  You shouldn't act like this is something that is suppose to be given to either of them.  They must EARN IT!  They know it, and they're busting their hump to do it.  If they don't develop enough by the first game it isn't a failure on anyone's part and no one should be pointing fingers.  The BIGGEST PLUS is that now, unlike 2003, 2004, and 2005 we've got viable QB options on the bench in the event PJ faulters again (should he maintain the starting job).

SO, let it play out folks.  Don't cheerlead for one or the other because you'll just put unreal expectations on one of these kids and set yourself up for disappointment.

I'd hate to think what would happen if Hill won the job.  So many guys are cheering for Grothe that poor Carlton probably won't get a fair shake either.  Let the best man win and then support him until he messes up enough to warrant getting pulled.