• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BULLSEYE Magazine

Guest Dave Glaser

Guys: I did meet the gentleman who's considering launching "Raging Bull." We had a very nice conversation at the first day of spring practice and I gave him my phone number and told him I'd be happy to help him with any needs he might have.

Yes, I'd love to relaunch BullsEYE magazine one day, but it's clearly not imminent. I'm concentrating solely on USFBullsEYE.com right now. I learned a lot during the nearly three years I worked on the publication and things would have to be MUCH different for me to invest the kind of $$ it takes to give it another go.

The diehards just aren't there in numbers . . . yet.

My suggestion to any new publisher who wanted to take the risk would be to use a different model - make it a FREE publication and try to build it on advertising revenue. But you'd need a REALLY good salesman. I'm not a salesman. I'm a journalist.

My main problem was I couldn't attract enough subscribers to build my circulation to a point where it was really attractive to advertisers. Subscriber money helps cover many of the costs of production, but advertising revenue keeps you viable. It just wasn't there, and much of what was there had already been locked in by the ESPN Regional folks working out of USF.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

If I had to chose from the internet version of Bullseye to the printed form I chose the internet but I would support the "print" version if the internet version was discontinued.  The internet is immediate and convenient.  That's JMHO.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I guess that I am "technologically challenged". I really enjoyed the print version of Bullseye. I would really be excited about another print version and would subscribe for the max time.....

All Bulls.............. All the time............ 8)

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I enjoyed the print version at well, mainly because of the contributions from other writers.  I also loved fact that you can take and read it anywhere, something not possible with a computer.  It was great to take the Bullseye to a practice or a game to read up on key matchups, depth charts, etc.

I also don't have a computer port in my bathroom.   ;)

Guest S.  Bien

I am with RTB.  I travel quite a bit, so I enjoy reading material on planes.  Of course I could get those e-books, yeah right.

I like the print periodical because I can refer to it over the course of a month, and not have to get on a computer to do it.  I do enjoy the website immensely, but I suppose I am another one of those antiquated jokers.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I spend so much time on the computer that I really cherish actual printed media like books and magazines. Not only that but printed material can be left in doctors waiting rooms, on the coffee table etc... that can generate some interest that the web won't reach. Besides, I can't easily take the web into bed for a quick read before I crash or more importantly I can't take the web with me for that needed "bathroom reading material"  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I also don't have a computer port in my bathroom.   ;)

Can still get old GatorBait Mags  ;D

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you need to get with the 21st century.

Laptop. Wireless Access.

Now the bathroom has no limits :)

Poker, Bullseye,southfloridabulls.com, etc etc

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Are u people saying you don't have Wi-Fi at home with a hospital type serving table for a laptop in your bathroom so you can remain in a Bulls chat room during away football n basketball games?  Talk about unsanitary keyboards  ;).  No one here has ever took the laptop to bed to scroll through Bulls Pen message board post before dozing off?  I'm shocked!  :o ::);)

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Doug that is too much!!!!!!!!!!