• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey UCF - check out the academic standards

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

Wrong board ........... just asking for trouble.  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I talked to CJL and he said that Dex wouldn't have the grades to make it very long at OMiss either...  Without ever seeing him, I understood that the kid was golden on the field, but now I'm glad he's not wearing Green & Gold.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Best of luck to Dex.

But, that is an interesting comment, after we heard about the almighty buisness program of Ole Miss, that apparently doesn't make people take advanced algebra...isn't that somewhat fundamental in buisness?

Guest Scratching my head
Dexter McCluster, an original USF commit who switched to Ole Miss,  said yesterday that the main reason for his switch from USF to Ole Miss was that USF required for him to take a foreign language and advanced algerbra.  Maybe you guys at UCF need to come up with another excuse on why USF is better than you.

This post speaks for itself in so many ways.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

If you want a B.A. you need a foreign language if you want a B.S.  you dont need a language.

correct.  even if you took 2 years in high school you still need 2 semsters of the same language in college.

i was a Mass Comm grad and had to take 2 classes in spanish.  i hated every minute of it and still can't speak a lick of spanish.

Guest rueben_horowitz

correct.  even if you took 2 years in high school you still need 2 semsters of the same language in college.

i was a Mass Comm grad and had to take 2 classes in spanish.  i hated every minute of it and still can't speak a lick of spanish.

I doubt Dexter cares about having a BA instead of a BS.

Agreed, I took 2 classes in Spanish at USF; got two A's, can't speak a lick. Had a hot teacher though...really hot, from Spain.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

For the sake of Bulls fans, I ask that the original post by runningofthebulls be removed from the record.

I mean, his argument for USFs academic achievement is that they make you take algebra.  

BTW - a foreign language is great, but if you're a business major, I suggest using that elective for golf.  It's a global market, but you can still get along just fine working in the United States.  But you HAVE to be good for a round of golf.

Triple_B - maybe this is the right board...because this guy isn't worthy of talking smack on our little cesspool a few clicks away!

Kids, UCF and USF are just about EXACTLY the same.  Public schools.  Same state system.  UCF has many advantages for those wishing to pursue engineering or hospitality, USF has the med school and cancer research etc.  Additionally, both have certain programs that you can't get everywhere else.

We just poke fun when it comes out that you guys had someone lie about GPAs or something.  If we did that, I'd expect no less from you guys! :)

Geez, this board is turning me into a hippie.  Just live and let live...maaaan.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

Triple_B - maybe this is the right board...because this guy isn't worthy of talking smack on our little cesspool a few clicks away!

83 still posts over there doesn't he?   8)

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

Wow, good for you Dexter, staying dumb is a worthy goal...I hope you carry that attitude to the football field.

1) USF doesn't make you take 'advanced algebra'. Sadly, you can graduate w/o ever taking College Algebra. They let you take Finite Math or some class like that.

2) You are only required to take a language if you didn't have 2yrs of it in high school...and come on, how hard is Spanish I & II??

Actually, you are right about the algebra...I'll graduate in May never having taken College Algebra...but I will graduate with a BS instead of BA in Education for taking 2 years of a language..and I did take something different this time!  

And don't forget about our great College of Education!