• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey UCF - check out the academic standards

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  0

Dexter McCluster, an original USF commit who switched to Ole Miss,  said yesterday that the main reason for his switch from USF to Ole Miss was that USF required for him to take a foreign language and advanced algerbra.  Maybe you guys at UCF need to come up with another excuse on why USF is better than you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rueben_horowitz
Dexter McCluster, an original USF commit who switched to Ole Miss,  said yesterday that the main reason for his switch from USF to Ole Miss was that USF required for him to take a foreign language and advanced algerbra.  

Wow, good for you Dexter, staying dumb is a worthy goal...I hope you carry that attitude to the football field.

1) USF doesn't make you take 'advanced algebra'. Sadly, you can graduate w/o ever taking College Algebra. They let you take Finite Math or some class like that.

2) You are only required to take a language if you didn't have 2yrs of it in high school...and come on, how hard is Spanish I & II??

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'd like to see that one in print before I would comment on it. I never took a foreign language at USF, but I did try out some of our foreign girls  ;D.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  342

I'd like to see that one in print before I would comment on it. I never took a foreign language at USF, but I did try out some of our foreign girls  ;D.

It was in the St. Pete Times today.  I would guess it had to do with his major.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I'm a marketing major and I am required to take a foreign language and advanced math.  I cant take a marketing degree without taking college algebra and bus. calc.

I tell you, with all the tutors they get that is a pathetic excuse.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Thanks... I get the Arizona Republic (well, suppose to... but they can't find my **** house out here since my subscription started). I really want to do a billboard out here touting USF football right along Hwy-60 to see if we could snag some recruits that consider ASU and UofA. Show a picture of palm trees and the beach in the background, Ray J in the middle, some football players scattered throughout, and some ladies laying out across the bottom. I think we might be able to snag one recruit a year from here.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys...every school in the state of Florida requires it...

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Ole Miss Lands Largo RB

Skip directly to the full story.

By LEE DIEKEMPER Tribune correspondent

Published: Feb 2, 2006

LARGO - During the past prep football season, when Largo High running back Dexter McCluster was busy dodging defenders, the one thing he wasn't dodging was his preferred choice of colleges: the University of South Florida.

McCluster was firm in his verbal commitment. He told anyone who asked that it was USF without blinking an eye. It was a done deal.

But before the season ended, McCluster, who set Pinellas County single-season records with 2,422 yards rushing and 43 touchdowns, had a change of heart.

Early Wednesday morning, he made his decision final, announcing he will attend the University of Mississippi.

McCluster was honest about what prompted him to change his decision.

"At USF I needed a foreign language and [an advanced] algebra class, and those are my weaknesses," McCluster said. At Mississippi, those two elements were not required.

-snip-

http://prepsports.tbo.com/prepsports/MGBXMMQJ6JE.html

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

it doesnt matter because he's not going to qualify anyway.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it seems usf has lowered their standards

competing witb cusa ftu/ou/oc