• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida, Central Florida teams on the rise

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

this article kinda pisses me off, actually.

The Florida Today is consistently biased for UCF and against USF... it is pretty sad actually.  USF hardly ever makes any news in that paper unless we lose.  If UCF beats the school of the blind, they get headlines

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

The Florida Today is consistently biased for UCF and against USF... it is pretty sad actually.  USF hardly ever makes any news in that paper unless we lose.  If UCF beats the school of the blind, they get headlines

The interesting quotes are from Lemming and Newberg.  I don't think Lemming has any bias for UCF and Newberg runs the South Florida scout.com website, or at least reports for it.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

The interesting quotes are from Lemming and Newberg.  I don't think Lemming has any bias for UCF and Newberg runs the South Florida scout.com website, or at least reports for it.

here's the funny thing about compiling an article like that, you can choose whichever quotes you want to use and put them in whatever context you want  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Josh Newberg runs the Scout USF site. Jamie is his cousin and does the national Scout stuff.

While I don't think this article is correct, 90% of the college football world outside USF sees the schools as one in the same. Its a reality that we can shake over time. First things first beat UCF next year. If that doesn't happen we might have some issues.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

here's the funny thing about compiling an article like that, you can choose whichever quotes you want to use and put them in whatever context you want  

How could the following be interpreted to mean anything else than what they actually say?

"Central Florida also got a value boost by its Hawaii Bowl bid.

"You would not believe the doors that were opened this year compared to last year, based on making a bowl, based on turning it around and breaking that losing streak, getting a lot of national play," Newberg said. "

AND

" There's even speculation that the day could come when all five are competing for a national title in the same season.

"I wouldn't argue with that," ESPN.com recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said. "Central Florida to me is a juggernaut and I think South Florida is not far behind. (George) O'Leary has done a great job of turning things around when there was no talent. I'm really impressed with the way Central Florida does things and I've always been impressed with South Florida.

"It's hard to say it, but someday they may be up there with the big boys." "

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Quit bickering, folks, the story is pretty much dead on.  Some analysts are going to think UCF has a better program, some wil think that USF has a better program.  In reality, we aren't that far apart.  O'Leary has done a good job getting his ducks in a row, and Leavitt needs to shake up his assistants.  Just be glad that we are getting some national press.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

The article is pretty good considering it was about recruiting.  And looking at both school's classes right now, per rivals, USF is ranked 57, UCF 71.  Now UCF will add two three star DL's to that list by signing day and USF will most likely lose their four star DL to grades.  I would say both schools pretty close to each other in this area.  And both schools took players from much larger schools, thus, it was pretty accurate.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

LOL is funny how you see UCF adding two 3 star DL and USF losing their four star and not adding anyoneelse. LOL

We will see but ill go on record right now that UCF will NOT get two three star lineman on signing day

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

The interesting quotes are from Lemming and Newberg.  I don't think Lemming has any bias for UCF

Calling UCF a "juggernaut" and "South Florida is not far behind" erases any credibility that Lemming has. I don't care what else he says, that is an ignorant statement with no basis in reality...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

I was surprised to see us called a "juggernaut" and don't think it is accurate at all.  "Sleeping giant" is more accurate (for either school) though, I've gotten sick of hearing about it...its been around so long we sound like a Rip Van Winkle.

Obviously Lemming puts a lot of stock in O'Leary (probably has for years) and the 0-11 to 8-5 is a hard statistic to find anything wrong with.

I'm not sure if they are read up on the capital projects (IPF, stadium), so it might just be Lemming putting his money on O'Leary and what he has done with unnoticed players.