• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Crowd Blows.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

It's going to take time to retrain the crowd to get excited about USF basketball again.  After several years of watching unorganized, inconsistent streetball and getting thumped by mediocre teams and occasionally winning a game we shouldn't have, the alumni had grown accustomed to a quiet evening at the Dome with their head in their hands...  just like our former coach.  

The alums will come around.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

you the man diddy

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

It's going to take time to retrain the crowd to get excited about USF basketball again.  After several years of watching unorganized, inconsistent streetball and getting thumped by mediocre teams and occasionally winning a game we shouldn't have, the alumni had grown accustomed to a quiet evening at the Dome with their head in their hands...  just like our former coach.  

The alums will come around.

Very true!  You cannot complain about a customer not buying a product when that product doesn't do what it was intended.

I spent $26 on my ticket (plus everything else) and even though it was a good game, I knew in my heart it wasn't going to give me what I wanted.

Guest Johnny G Lyon

Unlike the complainant, i attended tonight's game. i have been attending games... for a long time.

All things considered, i thought the crowd tonight was excellent. As for me personally, i stomped my feet and screamed as loudly as i could. i left the dome a sweaty mess, with a sore throat.

Had James Holmes' 3 gone down in those final seconds... the crowd would have ERUPTED... and USF basketball would never be the same.

Soon, we will make the shot, that wins the game, that changes USF basketball forever.

I sit in section D, row 12. If you ever see me "sitting on my hands," please come up and remind me about this post! That is, if you can be bothered to attend the games...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

i will be joining the season ticket holders next year since i am graduating this semester... i'll get em up for you guys!

We'll need you because I'm constantly being told to sit by the alumni in our section. The old guard of USF needs a good jolt of energy and excitement. Seriously, it's frustrating to see everyone just sitting with such an amazing game on the line. My brother and myself got on the jumbotron a few times, he was sporting his "Bullies" T-shirt and I was the one doing my Jerry Tarkanian impersonation with a white t-shirt in my mouth.

paisa were you sitting behind the basketball close to the usf bench?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I was going to make this post but I see I've been beaten to it. Here's some observations:

1. There were times when the (lame, bandwagon) 'Nova fans were louder than Bulls fans. That simply cannot ever be allowed to happen again in the Big East in a sport where home court advantage is a larger factor than in any other. With a minute left, 'Nova had the ball and a two point lead. Everywhere I looked, Bulls fans were sitting on their hands. A family behind me yelled at me to sit down. The only noise from my section was some guy with his kid yelling "THEY'RE GONNA KILL THE CLOCK! THEY'RE GONNA KILL THE CLOCK! FOUL! FOUL!" I feel bad; he must have just been brought back from a coma into which he fell sometime before 1985's introduction of the shot clock. The students were FANTASTIC. The Beef Studs were great. The rest of the crowd: totally and unequivocally pathetic. That place should have been deafening in the last two minutes of that game, and it simply wasn't.

2. The cheerleaders and Sun Dolls were on their game last night. Everyone looked fantastic and had their **** together. Nice job, kiddos.

3. Asking Holmes to make a buzzer-beater when he's the nation's leader in MPG is asking a LOT. Even if he rode the bench more than he's used to last night.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

paisa were you sitting behind the basketball close to the usf bench?

Yup, that was me going a little crazy. The game almost gave me a heart attack.  ;D The game was so exciting, I even considered tackling Big Bloomtown next to me if we pulled the upset, but then the rational side of me kicked in and said there's no way I can take big man down.  :P

lol, yup i saw you there on the big screen, good job gettin loud