• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Crowd Blows.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

winning will bring out the crowd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

the alumni really blew.

I agree the majority of the alumni are dead asses. But with the size of our enrollment. The students still are not coming out in force to cheer on their team.

Thank you for those that were there. We are one of the few schools in the Big East that give students free tickets to the game. Much less great seating for the games. Syracuse charges $10 and puts the students in less desirable seating.

The game was great. I sit behind the basket near USF, my small group was up and down the whole game.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Johnny G Lyon, I have been to a number of games this year. Recently I graduated from USF and moved from Tampa. That is why I was not at the game.

I never said EVERY person in the arena was on their hands, but it seems for the most part that people agree that the majority of the crowd was sitting.

Look at the ESPN360 replay if you can. The camera angle hit the seats pretty well and you could see from the backside that people were LOUNGING not sitting. It wasn't til the timeout with 33.6 seconds left in the game that they had to change the camera angle because teh crowd finally stood.

The students were great you could hear them all night, I wish some of our other fans were.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

When I used to go to the dome regularly I would usually be able to scam some donor tickets and sit very close to the court.  I used to get loud and rowdy and harrass the heck out of the other teams and then everyone would stare at me like I was crazy.  They are stoic to say the least.   People just don't think it's "cool" to get excited about USF athletics.  

it's amazing to me how ungrateful some of you people are. these are the people that fork out the majority of the money to fund this team. without them we wouldn't have a team.

look at any other college basketball program and you will see the same thing. the old timers sit close because they donate the most and they usually sit the entire game.

beastie- you don't even pay for tickets when you go to a game?? how generous of you. do you sneak your own beers in too just to make sure they don't get a dime from you to help pay for this program?

thank god we have fans like these high money donors that sit on their hands. if we didn't we'd be SOL with the likes of Joe and Beastie. We couldn't afford to buy socks for the players with what they contribute!!

I think maybe you should appreciate all they do for USF and quit whinning like a little *****.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

it's amazing to me how ungrateful some of you people are. these are the people that fork out the majority of the money to fund this team. without them we wouldn't have a team.

look at any other college basketball program and you will see the same thing. the old timers sit close because they donate the most and they usually sit the entire game.

beastie- you don't even pay for tickets when you go to a game?? how generous of you. do you sneak your own beers in too just to make sure they don't get a dime from you to help pay for this program?

thank god we have fans like these high money donors that sit on their hands. if we didn't we'd be SOL with the likes of Joe and Beastie. We couldn't afford to buy socks for the players with what they contribute!!

I think maybe you should appreciate all they do for USF and quit whinning like a little *****.

!) NO I do buy tickets.  I don't see how else I would get into the game.  I was referring to being able to buy tickets and get into the lower section for the high $$ donors.  You know, the one that's always empty?

2) No I didn't sneak in beers....when I lived down there you couldn't drink in the Sun Dome.  The few games I am able to go to now I am thrilled that they serve alcohol and gladly purchase it due to the poor product on the floor and to be ale to deal with the zombies like yourself sitting in my midst.  

3)How much money do all those high and mighty "big money" donors spend at the games when they don't even show up?  

All I said was that they were rather stoic which you yourself said in your post as well.  So why all the anger?  All that money you have you should be happy.  

!) NO I do buy tickets.  I don't see how else I would get into the game.  I was referring to being able to buy tickets and get into the lower section for the high $$ donors.  You know, the one that's always empty?

2) No I didn't sneak in beers....when I lived down there you couldn't drink in the Sun Dome.  The few games I am able to go to now I am thrilled that they serve alcohol and gladly purchase it due to the poor product on the floor and to be ale to deal with the zombies like yourself sitting in my midst.  

3)How much money do all those high and mighty "big money" donors spend at the games when they don't even show up?  

All I said was that they were rather stoic which you yourself said in your post as well.  So why all the anger?  All that money you have you should be happy.  

1. I thought "scam some donor tickets" implied you didn't pay for them and that you aren't a donor.

2. I'm hardly a zombie and I sit no where near the floor. I hope to someday. I appreciate those donors that support our program financially though.

3. Those donors that don't show spend $25 per ticket (at least?) per game plus they contribute a signifigant amount to the Bulls Club. I appreciate that fact. I only wish USF had a ticket exchange program so those of us that do show could put those seats to good use.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

no one said we don't appreciate them. we do. we just think they should stand up and cheer every once in a while...we're not asking for much.

no one said we don't appreciate them. we do. we just think they should stand up and cheer every once in a while...we're not asking for much.

right.

"Our Crowd Blows" is a term of appreciation?? from a guy that wasn't even at the game.

This joker, Joe Blow, needs to go over to the Nova board and hang with them.

They talked about our joke of a crowd and how classless our students were and how it was a carnival atmosphere and not BE like. and how everything about our crowd was annoying and how they love UofL, Marq, Dep and even Cincy but how they are annoyed to be associated with us.

It sounds like he would fit in well with them.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guest, Whoever you are need to read.

I never said they had to be standing the whole game, I never said they weren't good fans. I said they weren't doing a good job supporting the team by sitting the until the last 30 tics of a game we were supossed to get blown out in.

While I was not at the game because I am currently interviewing in Dayton, OH for a job I was able to watch the game on ESPN 360. A lot of the crowd WAS sitting and people at the game have confirmed it.

I just think it kills the energy of a game. Even when I played high school ball the crowd at least stood the last min of a game if it was close. What amps you more seeing a crowd standing at the anticipation of going crazy if when something happens or a bunch of people sitting like the next play is just as important of a play as one 7 minutes into a game.

Just my 2 cents. Has nothing to do with donors or how much they donate, just the way the crowd reacted.