• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pathetic...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

But you are all willing to give a 'saviour' like huggins 4-5 years to turn it around....sounds like double standards to me....a geezer that you will pay a kings ransom to will get longer than a guy who is within budget and more than able to perform what is necessary but who has had some bad luck with injuries and gets knocked for enforcing his standards on the team...

Now I know that I am an out of towner (to the most extreme and I know I dont know basketball) but I know how to be realistic....I know this season aint gonna be pretty but I think I can see what is possibly being built...plus I trust DW...he comes from a basketball school...he knows what is needed in a basketball coach, he must still see something in CRM....I believe in CRM.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Dean Smith said it best: "coaches don't win games players do". Coaches win games by recruiting over the summer, and really only have a minimal effect when the game begins. It's hard to tell if RMC is a good coach because he hasn't recruited the neccesary depth and talent.

We have two guys injured right now. Pretty much every team in America has 2-3 injuries at any given point in the season.- the difference is that most teams have 12 scholarship players. It is not really hard luck as much as ineffective recruiting.

I think RMC would quit before he got fired this season (did you see the look on his face after the game? he looked suicidal). I am excited about the transfers he recruited, if he can grab 3 more quality players we have a chance of being good next year. Cann I think is garbage, Howard is very very very good and will make a huge difference. Buckley sucks- but maybe a he will be one of those players where a light goes on his senior year (ala swift and holmes), Mattis is great.

But the key is for him to actually get 3 more top flight recruits. Veredejo and Gantsberry have to at replace Holmes and Jones-2 of the 3 top guys on the team. So the only real additions at this point are Howard and Curry- which will be huge don't get me wrong. I have seen Aris Williams and Markusovic play- I am not excited about them at all. I am watching right now to see who we add, because that alone will determine next year's success. So as much as I hate to say wait for next year- what else are you going to do?

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

We would not be near the top of CUSA. Did you see the BCC or FIU game? Have you seen UAB (who manhandled us) or Memphis play? Sorry BullGator.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

reaper, i know you bleed green and gold and i'm not judging your heart and dedication to this team, i personally don't fault rmc for not putting in the walk-ons earlier, they aren't better than the guys we have on scholarships, otherwise they would have got a scholarship somewhere, instead of walking on here.  

Do you even know the difference between STARTING Players and BENCH Players?

Guess which group is usually better?

Great...you picked Starting Players...Good Job!

Now...Coaches know that almost EVERY player needs to take a breather every now and then so they can be fresh at the end of the game. Plus, an added bonus, when they are sitting on the bench, they are not picking up sloppy fouls because they are tired.

Coaches kinda know this...and Coaches even realize that when they take out some of their best players and put in some Bench Players...they might lose 1...2...or 3 pts or more of their lead....but guess what? Their STARTERS are RESTING and will be FRESH at the end of the game so they can WIN!

Doesn't matter what board one goes to....one can easily find such foolish statements (i.e. "Walk-ons are as good as our Starting Scholarship Players" LOL!!)

I think ya'll have a few fans who don't know much about basketball (well, thats the norm for every school too.)

KL

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

its not pathetic, when you have dennis, soloman, and mattis foul out, this team fault hard.  you know whats pathetic?  some of the"fans" on here, you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves, calling yourself bulls fans.  anybody can see the team did its best and just got tired at the end, which is whats going to happen when u have guys playing 40 minutes every game.  you can't blame the coach on this, if we had a full team a completely different story, your pathetic AM

Nicely stated.  It's amazing we can compete the way we have with so few players available.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If UCF fans come to the main board to defend the coach, you might have made a REALLY stupid comment that had no justification.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Bullzfan4life. Hey bro! I think it might be Mac's fault on this one. When you have guys fouling out, they are tired. We had a big lead, it's time to put in some reserves to let our guys rest up, just in case. They were too tired again for playing too many minutes. MAC refuses to use the bench to spell the players. We are loosing ballgames at the end of the games because we are too tired. This is a bog problem, and unfortunately, I do blame Mac on this. You know me, I bleed green and gold. But when it's an obvious pattern, things need changing.    Reaper

I respectfully disagree.  We are losing games because we are the worst team in the strongest conference in America.  We have four scholarship players on the team and that is, in large part, why we lose. We don't have the same talent other teams in our conference have.  Having said that, no team plays harder or with more heart than our beloved Bulls.  And that is not in spite of CRM, rather, it is because of him.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Having said that, no team plays harder or with more heart than our beloved Bulls.  And that is not in spite of CRM, rather, it is because of him.  

Bingo.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

knight light, where did i ever say "walk-ons are as good as our starting scholarship players?  i never said that infact i said the opposite, i know quite a bit about basketball, i played growing up for 6 years, coached it in high school for 2 years, and have been following it for most of my life.  stay to your own board and leave us alone

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

VA Tech would beat us right now... pathetic. RMC must go!

Hire Huggins... he would not need three years to turn this program around and make it better than our previous great coach!