• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Hill, #1 going into the Spring

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192
  • Days Won:  0

Which one is it. No arm means can not throw deep or with velocity. He has no touch bottom line.  He knocks the WR's down from 5 yards.  

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

BS,

Why is the timing good ? Don't think it would really matter to a recruit.

If I'm an offensive player, coming onto this team, you've gotta think you got a chance for playing time.

Contrary to what MANY recruiting "experts" think, recruits watch tv, and they know how much Julsucke sucks and how much he hinders the offense. Knowing that someone with great potential is being given the opportunity is more exciting than hearing that Julsucke is going to "work hard to improve, as the starter, in the offseason....blahblahblah"

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This comment in this article only means that PJ has been removed from QB... and when #1 is gone #2 goes to # 1

thats it.  Grothe will be your starter next year Hill will take it for awile in spring but thats it. I want someone to tell me what they saw good in Hill in any of the times he played...I keep hearing athletic this and that well HE CANT READ A DEFENCE   period thats it end of story!! he played in a HS that did not require him to read anything he was a man among boys in a very low level class where his athletic ability made him shine! You can have the best arm and run like a deer but if you have no idea what the defence is doing it dont mean ****! In the WVU game he threw the pick into cover 2 on a delta route to the roll over when the safty was roll strong!! thats elementry! cmon someone has to know football enough to see!

Young Qbs make mistakes.  Question is will he make the same mistake again and again?  We saw PJ throw that pick in the red zone against NCState.  He's made that mistake before.  You may be right that Grothe will start but I would not give up on Hill at QB yet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

If I'm an offensive player, coming onto this team, you've gotta think you got a chance for playing time.

I agree with that.

And to other posts:

Some are bashing Hill for what he did last season ... and then in the same breathe say GrothE will be the starter ... based on last season  ???  ::)

We have 3 young QB's with potential for the Spring. Hill will be getting the majority of the reps.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

the bottom line is that Hill being named starter can only  help recruiting... ;D

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I prefer players winning the position outright in practice and games, remember Denson.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

I prefer players winning the position outright in practice and games, remember Denson.

I agree, but although Hill is being named starter going into the spring doesn't mean he will continue be the starter come start of reg season...for all we know Julmiste may beat everybody out again...Julmiste is like Denson when it comes to practice games in that he looks to be an world beater..but when put in real game he melts...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Having Hill the #1 just means that he'll be getting most of the reps and given every oppotunity to win the job ... and it shows that the coaching staff knows PJ is not the answer. But was the best last year ... hoping we upgrade the QB position.

Go BULLS !!!