• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Alumni Challenge

Guest Ari Hinkelberger

WollyBull

I have noticed your genius.  You have posted some of the most billiant thoughts this board has seen in a while.

"Drive-Thru-U" might be the best explaination of our beloved university.

People take my criticisms so personally, but in reality my criticisims are more in an effort to reform a university that I care so much about.  CJL understands the fault of our school.  He understands that averageness is an epidemic that has had a strangle hold on our entire university body.  He doesn't care what the fans think, he doesn't care much who the athletic director is, what he wants is a national title.  Deep down he wants to look his boy Bob Stoops in the eye and say "you might have won a national title at OU, but I won a national title at SOUTH FLORIDA!!"   And I think that is the sole reason why this university will rise to national prominence.  If he really was interested in titles and reputation he would have left a long time ago.  CJL is committed to leading this university to national glory.  I am just greatful that he is on our team.  As for the BBall program we may need devine intervention.

ari hinkelberger

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

CJL understands the fault of our school.  He understands that averageness is an epidemic that has had a strangle hold on our entire university body.  He doesn't care what the fans think, he doesn't care much who the athletic director is, what he wants is a national title.  Deep down he wants to look his boy Bob Stoops in the eye and say "you might have won a national title at OU, but I won a national title at SOUTH FLORIDA!!"   And I think that is the sole reason why this university will rise to national prominence.  If he really was interested in titles and reputation he would have left a long time ago.  CJL is committed to leading this university to national glory.  I am just greatful that he is on our team.

I think a steel cage match is in order .... The Arinator vs Smazza the Giant.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Wow Wooly, thanks for minimalizing the importance of being a member of the Bulls Club, which raised $1.5 million last year and we hope to increase that this year.  

Too many of our members look at it that way as opposed to looking at it as supporting the University.  If you don't want to make your gift, there are season tickets available that don't require an annual gift.  We aren't holding a gun to anyone's head when they make their gift.

I strongly encourage every alumnus to support the university in whichever way they feel the most comfortable.  Whether writing a check, volunteering, getting a USF license plate, etc.  The entire University needs your help.  Join the Alumni Association, make a gift to the your college, or make a gift to the Bulls Club.  

It all helps.  Wooly let me know if you want to look into moving your seats, I can certainly help you with that.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

For a lifetime membership ($700.00) you have several options:

1.  Pay all at once

2.  Monthly installments for 1 year

3.  Yearly installments for 5 years

Who will be the 1st to call Merrell and join the alumni association?  Call him at 800-299-BULL.

so it is $140 a year for option #3?

if so...bet me up

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Wow Wooly, thanks for minimalizing the importance of being a member of the Bulls Club, which raised $1.5 million last year and we hope to increase that this year.

My point being, members of any organization question membership by: "what do I get for my check"? Is not the purpose of the Bulls Club to fund USF athletics? If so, then writing the check constitutes the purpose of membership. It's passive in nature.

Too many of our members look at it that way as opposed to looking at it as supporting the University.

I didn't mean to minimalize the essence of the Bulls club,  but like you said...there's a lot of us who donate as an obligation, not out of purely altruistic thinking.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

Ari: I just love your logic...

"Athletics is the tip of the spear in fundraising."  

"Actually I am very proud of my economics degree, and when I make my small fortune I will for sure donate a nice chunk to all of my economic friends at USF."  

So here you are expressing some future philanthropic intent to USF despite all the things you see wrong with the athletic program currently. What is motivating you to consider future charitable intentions? The football team? Basketball? Soccer? I'm guessing it's your economics degree. "I don't think I could have gotten a better ed anywhere in the country.  It was well rounded, it crossed all ideology, and has served me well in the real world."

Maybe you should chat with the "liberal arts" group at the water cooler a little more often. I'm sure some of them could tell you about the 'logic' classes they took at USF.   ;)

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

"Kid", I dig your spirit. It's great to see such positive BULLS out there. Don't let these guys take you off topic either, Keep up the good fight! And As  Always... GO BULLS !!!

Jason Hubbard - Mutt

Alumni Board

Pinellas County Chapter

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Wooly...

Here is the current Donor Benefit Chart:

http://gobulls.usf.edu/admin/bulls_club/images/chart.pdf ...

I personally think some of these benefits are mispriced (newsletter is a $250 minimum - and there is no level below $100 ??) ... but I KNOW Vicky, Eric, et al do a great job considering the inertia they have to overcome.

Same here...the last thing I would intentionally do is 'dis' the Bulls Club.  All I wanted to point out was that the first question out of someone's mouth when asked to join (anything) is "what do I get".  And given that the Bulls Club is the fundraising arm of of athletics, your participation in the club is contributing funds and what you get is outlined in your post (and of course the warm-fuzzy that you're supporting the university).  That's all. I never intended to minimalize membership.  

Guest BullsFans

If someone joins the Bulls Club, does  membership include free parking for football games or is there a fee for donor parking?