• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoochie Mamma Half Time Show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I see no offense in it.

Would I let my kid (when I have one) do it? Probably not. But these are the dance moves of today. It wasn't that long ago that people thought the Elvis thrust was risque and 2 Live Crew was BANNED for being obscene. (Now almost all rap on the RADIO is like that)

As for the 190 statement...see above.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Elvis was an adult ... we're talking about young kids doing the moves. I wasn't there, but I've "seen" similiar.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Don't hate, congratulate!

• Downvote 1

Don't hate, congratulate!

Hate the sin, not the sinner  8)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

What was up with that??

8 year olds bumpin and grindin in sports bras????  Come on!

(I'm not going to mention the 190# older (16) girls with their BELLY buttons pierced )....(oh wait, I just did)

I really thought that whole thing was in poor taste.

Future audition routine for a Dale Mabry establishment 10 years down the road?

Whoever signed "up" this dance team/studio to perform should be reprimanded.

Was that "family" entertainment (i.e. your audience)?

Looks like USF needs "Guideline/Policies" for future "entertainment".

Parents that think its ok for 8 yr olds to "act" like adults is sick.

KL

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not really sure what to say.....

Half of me agrees with you that young girls shouldn't be doing anything that could be called suggestive.

BUT.....this is my studio you're talking about. Not that I own it or anything, but I am a teacher there. It's very hurtful to read all of these negative things. Maybe I can TRY to explain a few things.

1. They are hip hop dance teams. Hip hop is going to involve different dance moves than your 3 year old's ballet recital. At our level (college), many of you would be SHOCKED to see some of the dances in the hip hop nationals category. They hump the floor, do the "suck it" move, and basically feel themselves. I know they are at an older age, but it's still "inappropriate".

2. Times are changing. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but things that were considered risque back in the day are suddenly becoming the norm. There is much debate about this in the dance world, so I DO understand where you're coming from.

3. I don't think their outfits were disgusting. They had pants on correct? Baggy ones? If not, then I am mistaken but the outfits I hae seen were fine. Half tops again, are the norm. We as SunDolls ALWAYS wear halftops.

4. The weight issue. Whoever said the 190# comment-you make me sick. So girls should strive to be anorexic looking? SUPER, just what we want to tell girls these days. Great message.

AGAIN....I was not there. But I've seen these teams perform before, and they do the same kind of hip hop routine as we do. I'm tru;y sorry that it "offended" you.

Katie,

Being part of the dance studio that produced that 'show', I can understand the tendency to be defensive, but be clear that what I'm talking about as being wrong is the sexualization of CHILDREN.  I'm not sure why not more than "half" of you would agree that this is a bad thing.

The Sun Dolls are adults and what they do is with full awareness of what they are doing and what it suggests.  Just because "times are changing" doesn't mean that it's OK for your studio to do what they did to these young girls.

Guest rueben_horowitz

You know the bb team sucks when you're whining about half-time entertainment.

These kids parents are quite classy....LOL.

What do you expect in the strip-club capital of the world anyway?

What do you expect in the strip-club capital of the world anyway?

New half-time show:

history_23.jpg

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I grew up in the Hip Hop generation. I still listen to hip hop and drive the people I tailgate with crazy from time to time with it. I have no problem with the moves. With that being said it still felt creepy. I am glad they were artisticly expressing themselves. But the aged Olden Domers at USF are not ready for pre-teen girls doing this stuff at half court of a college game.

If it was a middle school, PAL league, or even a youth leage game it would have been more appropriate.

Just my 2 cents

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Katie,  The idea I think of having young girls dance is great! The idea to have them perform in front of a thousand plus is great. BUT to have them perform in the manner that they did was inappropriate for young children. I have had a daughter go through dance for 18 years, and never once did she at her studio perform a public hip hop dance or provocative dance for the public at that age. Yes, she did do it in her teens, but at 8-12 realm, sorry, that was poor judgement from your school of dance. I hope you can see past your years and someday realize a parents/grandparents view. It's not that we are old fashioned, but moralistic. There is a time and place for this type of show, which is later on. Not at 8 years old.    The Reaper