• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bronson Likely Will Kick USF To The Curb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Such ********...why is Benzer still with a scholarship if he doesn't even start anymore? Give Bronson a scholarship dammit!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

do teams ever pull scholarships for student athletes that are in good academic sanding and have no off the field issues?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

do teams ever pull scholarships for student athletes that are in good academic sanding and have no off the field issues?

Good coaches do not...

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

that was my thought also.....was just curious if it did happen.

i think you would lose potential future recruits if you did things like that...

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

So if a non-schollie beats out a schollie, they wouldn't say "Hey nice try, but Bronson is our kicker now."  I don't know how all this works, but it seems silly to let Bronson go when he showed a lot of promise.  I hope benzer gets better if he ends up being our kicker.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's not the pros...

If a college coach makes a scholarship committment to a kid because he believes in him and the kid embarks on an education, the school and coach should not disrupt that.

Having a former college baseball coach in the family, I was amazed at the number of "stand-up" coaches that would not and have not yanked a schollie because a player did not turn out to be as good as expected.  The few that had a rep for pulling schollies for the same reason had a different reputation in the business.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

it works both ways. brandon baker was elevated to scholarship as a junior; justin geisler never got so lucky and finished as a walk-on. if the coaches thought that much of bronson (or teachey) they wouldn't have offered a high school senior a scholarship ahead of them. as for baker graduating, USF has already given that scholarship to Delbert Alvarado ...

greg

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Gotcha.  Thanks. Well, then I really hope Benzer puts in a lot of work in the off season and I wish Bronson well.  As long as we don't see him kicking a game-winner against us down the road. :)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

WE LOVE BRONSON...GREAT KID...DESERVES SHOLARSHIP

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

It's unfortunate. Sometimes I think scholarships are given out too easily to incoming Freshman. Here is a kid that has proven himself, and is now being let go. I hope we don't tell CJL I told you so!!!