• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How long do I have to wait for a Rod Smith Announc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

my pet dog

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Rod's not leaving guys. USF is content with what's going on right now (even though most of us and the players aren't). Gaurantee you that Rod will be the OC next year, and PJ will be the starter on opening day. I just don't see them making any move in the positive direction.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bishop, I hope you are wrong.  I"m not pro Rod Smith, but it is hard to judge a playcaller when PJ is the guy under center.  If Smith stays, then PJ must go.  Two plus years is enough of an experiment with him.  We've seen what he can do, and what he can't do, and that is he can't take us to the next level.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

PJ will not start.  I mean DENSON beat him out during Fall Practice this season.   I'm pretty sure CH has tons more upside than PJ.  The problem is this staff has not developed a Qb for 4 years.  EVERY QB that has taken the field for us has been absolutely clueless.   A decent staff would have developed at least ONE of them into a serviceable QB, or at least design a system around their strengths.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Bishop, I hope you are wrong.  I"m not pro Rod Smith, but it is hard to judge a playcaller when PJ is the guy under center.  If Smith stays, then PJ must go.  Two plus years is enough of an experiment with him.  We've seen what he can do, and what he can't do, and that is he can't take us to the next level.

Stop spewing nonsense on how you can't judge the playcaller.  Smith taught PJ everything he knows, including how to rocket swing and screen passes into the ground.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

It will be very very disappointing if PJ is the starting qb next year. He's had more than enough chances to make something happen from that position and just hasn't taken advantage. I don't care how good a spring or practice he has, when the bullets are live he hasn't cut it ......... except for the PSU game but he did not build on it.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i will be completely let down if PJ is starting next year.  he is a good kid but games arent won with the charcter of their QB only the talent

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what a disaster  if pj is starter?

why would hill stay under that scenerio? 2 wasted years

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Do you really thing if there was going to be a change, that we would announce it BEFORE the recruiting signing date?  

You could look at it as a message to recruits that we aren't going to accept last year's offense... but I'd bet the sign of instability of firing a first year OC would be just as, or more, damaging.

hang on...

lets look at this from the view of a 17 year old with NFL dreams....

the firing of Rod Smith could do NOTHING but good things for the image of the program. it would prove to these recruits that we will NOT stand for mediocrity.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

hang on...

lets look at this from the view of a 17 year old with NFL dreams....

the firing of Rod Smith could do NOTHING but good things for the image of the program. it would prove to these recruits that we will NOT stand for mediocrity.

However it does cut who can visit the kids down by one member.  Might be worth it, though.