• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG get for Coach Amir

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I wonder if, when CAAR makes these videos with his new recruits he tells them, “okay, the USF fan base has been going through the stages of grief for a long time. These days they’re panicking because they got a taste last season and then my core players left. I want you to just repeat “Relaaaax” after I say it. They’re crazy, but they pay my salary.” 

Probably exactly what he says .....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

I was looking through the offers Jimmie Williams received, and I can't believe he got none from a Power 5 or Big East school. Not even from any other top program like Gonzaga. 

Most impressive stat: 2FG% = 61%. 

Don't underestimate that stat!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

I love the videos.  Coach is a genius marketer! Keep them coming!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I was looking through the offers Jimmie Williams received, and I can't believe he got none from a Power 5 or Big East school. Not even from any other top program like Gonzaga. 

Most impressive stat: 2FG% = 61%. 

Don't underestimate that stat!

I wonder if the portal era has taken a lot of schools out of spending time recruiting JUCOs? If so, could be a nice niche for us moving forward.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I wonder if the portal era has taken a lot of schools out of spending time recruiting JUCOs? If so, could be a nice niche for us moving forward.

Probably.

• Upvote 1

Penn State Football uses Lackawanna College (JUCO) as like a farm system and gets many great players from there (several of them were picked in the NFL Draft and one played in the Super Bowl this past year).  I am from PA so I keep up with the football program.

There are many reasons why athletes go to junior college.  It may not be the greatest competition BUT there are very talented players that can help us.  I am surprised Jimmie Williams didn't get recruited harder by P5 schools.  He's 6'5" (okay, maybe 6'3" so coaches lie all the time but it's not like he's 5'9") and can rebound.  Those P5 schools better stay away next season when they see what Coach Amir saw.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

Penn State Football uses Lackawanna College (JUCO) as like a farm system and gets many great players from there (several of them were picked in the NFL Draft and one played in the Super Bowl this past year).  I am from PA so I keep up with the football program.

There are many reasons why athletes go to junior college.  It may not be the greatest competition BUT there are very talented players that can help us.  I am surprised Jimmie Williams didn't get recruited harder by P5 schools.  He's 6'5" (okay, maybe 6'3" so coaches lie all the time but it's not like he's 5'9") and can rebound.  Those P5 schools better stay away next season when they see what Coach Amir saw.

I'm also from PA. Lackawanna College is minutes away. I work for Dunder Mifflin Paper Co.

58 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I'm also from PA. Lackawanna College is minutes away. I work for Dunder Mifflin Paper Co.

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galatica 🤣

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

JUCO is underrecruited in both basketball and football. Especially with NIL - so many coaches/admins are focused on who they can get from other rosters. As long as these guys develop(ed) well fundamentally, there's no reason they can't come in and compete/continue where they left off in the JUCO ranks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1