• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders here to educate us on NIL vs Collectives

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

hes not wrong

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,332
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Professor BullDawg said:

That was the original idea, unfortunately ruined by NCAA neglect and fear and the rise of Collectives.

It wasn't ruined by the ncaa but went exactly as planned. The ncaa duped everyone and never was going to share.their profits. They knew the fans and boosters would and no one would care enough to fix it.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

I just saw over 20,000 fans show up to U of Kentucky's Rupp Arena to attend the introduction of their new basketball coach. 1. We can't even fit 20,000 fans in our arena and 2. We sometimes don't even put 4,000 fans in our arena FOR GAMES, let alone a coach introduction. If we did an introduction like that, I think we'd pull in a few hundred to attend. Our new basketball coach announcements take place via an instagram/ X post and then a small, lightly covered press conference in the Athletics Center. We will never compete with the power of the most elite programs in the country, especially now that NIL/ Collectives are set up to further solidify that eliteness and create a larger separation between them and the others.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

30 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I just saw over 20,000 fans show up to U of Kentucky's Rupp Arena to attend the introduction of their new basketball coach. 1. We can't even fit 20,000 fans in our arena and 2. We sometimes don't even put 4,000 fans in our arena FOR GAMES, let alone a coach introduction. If we did an introduction like that, I think we'd pull in a few hundred to attend. Our new basketball coach announcements take place via an instagram/ X post and then a small, lightly covered press conference in the Athletics Center. We will never compete with the power of the most elite programs in the country, especially now that NIL/ Collectives are set up to further solidify that eliteness and create a larger separation between them and the others.

Get your overall message but Kentucky as a comparison? I doubt there are more than a handful of basketball programs in the country that pull in 10K for a coach introduction ...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Get your overall message but Kentucky as a comparison? I doubt there are more than a handful of basketball programs in the country that pull in 10K for a coach introduction ...

It was the only arena filling up this past weekend for me to make the comparison of David vs. Goliath, it was all I had.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

It was the only arena filling up this past weekend for me to make the comparison of David vs. Goliath, it was all I had.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

LOL...  your comparison still counts! 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Although that's more like David's 6 yr old kid vs Goliath, I get it it was all you had ..

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

I love the grace that members here can show each other. It’s so rare, but beautiful.  😂

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I love the grace that members here can show each other. It’s so rare, but beautiful.  😂

We're all in the same boat...  I know we can't compete with UK but are you surprised that we haven't been more successful with the collective to hold onto guys? 

I read an article yesterday that guys like CY are asking for 200-300K (I'm not saying CY asked for that, but guys with his reputation and stats in the transfer portal).  I was expecting that number to be much higher.  I guess I am used to the high numbers that football throws out there (one football coach in the Big 10 said a good college quarterback cost $1-2 million in the portal).  So... I can understand struggling in football but 500K in basketball should go a long way.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

I don’t blame the player “taking” anything they can get - they’ve grown up in that environment. We also had a coach not too long ago that thought it was “all about the bag”, so that’s just society these days.  

The question is who is going give up their loot for the take?

Ain’t gonna be ESPN.