• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

It's not biting "them, it's biting the fans.   "Them" don't care because they're still cashing their checks

if it's biting their customers then eventually it will bite them. I find it funny that everyone has a problem with the players trying to get a cut but nobody ever had a problem with coaches,schools or athletic directors etc chasing the dollars.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

if it's biting their customers then eventually it will bite them. I find it funny that everyone has a problem with the players trying to get a cut but nobody ever had a problem with coaches,schools or athletic directors etc chasing the dollars.

I find it funny that you make false assumptions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Not to mention the gambling sites getting rich off of college sports too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Actually, a lot of us had a problem with coaches being able to transfer without sitting out a year.  It just never occurred to us to ruin our sports programs over it.  I guess we are the dumb ones.

31 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I find it funny that you make false assumptions.

so you aren't in favor of us chasing the dollars? Don't you want the best coach money can buy? How about the nicest facilities we can possibly build? Maybe move up to a conference that pays more?

I don't blame players one bit for wanting a cut.

BTW I'd be perfectly fine breaking off from the money chasers. put reasonable rules in place.

Edited by Bull94

15 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Actually, a lot of us had a problem with coaches being able to transfer without sitting out a year.  It just never occurred to us to ruin our sports programs over it.  I guess we are the dumb ones.

so you just want to restrict free trade. got it.

maybe capitalism isn't your thing.

it may not be perfect but it's the best economic system we have.

BTW our basketball team benefited greatly from the ability to get a coach and multiple transfers this year.

The system worked in our favor and now that it has people are complaining that some players are moving on. Guess what? they left their last place to come here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,032

18 minutes ago, Professor BullDawg said:

No doubt College sports is a multi billion dollar industry. From television networks to the gambling industry, to the universities, and everyone and everything in between.

I am totally fine with players getting their fair share of the money pie. The Nil is just something we will have to figure out. If you look at other teams in the AAC, they are also losing players. For now we will just have to restock for next year, and than figure out how to be competitive in the NIL long term. If we can get 300 million plus for an OCS I suspect the donor base is there for NIL money

27 minutes ago, Professor BullDawg said:

the conferences (and thereby the teams/players) need to get a cut of this. Just like professional sports leagues are doing.

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

No doubt College sports is a multi billion dollar industry. From television networks to the gambling industry, to the universities, and everyone and everything in between.

I am totally fine with players getting their fair share of the money pie. The Nil is just something we will have to figure out. If you look at other teams in the AAC, they are also losing players. For now we will just have to restock for next year, and than figure out how to be competitive in the NIL long term. If we can get 300 million plus for an OCS I suspect the donor base is there for NIL money

the solution will be multi year contracts. just like professional sports.

Everyone has to deal with the issue of players leaving. Ohio State lost their starting QB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

so you just want to restrict free trade. got it.

maybe capitalism isn't your thing.

it may not be perfect but it's the best economic system we have.

BTW our basketball team benefited greatly from the ability to get a coach and multiple transfers this year.

The system worked in our favor and now that it has people are complaining that some players are moving on. Guess what? they left their last place to come here.

Capitalism?  Free Trade?  National economic systems?  You set yourself up as the only fair person, laugh at the rest of us hypocrites, and then pivot to national economic philosophy?  We're talking about college football, just as a reminder. 

These are not your best posts.  Put the shovel down.  The hole is just getting deeper.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1