• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,487
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

You will if it is built through your alumni base ... which is where we should be building a "fan base"

Problem is many of our alumni are fans of teams in the big leagues, it will always be like that until we get out of the minors.

Thanks Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We're freeing up salary cap to sign Karter Knox

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Dude, this is Karter Knox team next year if he wants it. That’s crazy the way Caar and Youngblood were I didn’t see this coming. I still think the grass is not always greener on the other side, maybe they will get some money but might end up not playing. 

Edited by Cmr3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Problem is many of our alumni are fans of teams in the big leagues, it will always be like that until we get out of the minors.

Thanks Judy

We're younger than those teams/programs.   Problem is more about the fact that we sucked for so long and seemed to have no real vision for athletics

Thanks Judy

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

2 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

This is life in minor leagues, unfortunately. After how well both Chris and Selton played, those guys are going to get more $ from bigger programs. It sucks!

This is life in the blue bloods too. College ball ain't the same game anymore. College players are basically free agents and are chasing NIL money and playing time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

Too little NIL money to go around apparently? It’s unfortunate, but football is where nearly all of the money needs to go. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We're younger than those teams/programs.   Problem is more about the fact that we sucked for so long and seemed to have no real vision for athletics

Thanks Judy

I saw the the press conference for the new SMU basketball coach and they were talking about how they set up a power 5 committee to move to the ACC. They were being proactive, what are we doing????

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,930
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

I saw the the press conference for the new SMU basketball coach and they were talking about how they set up a power 5 committee to move to the ACC. They were being proactive, what are we doing????

I enjoyed reading this article from Ross Dellenger detailing SMU's quest for an invite into the P5.  It started and ended with money.  

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

SMU is headed for greener pastures in the ACC. How it all happened is a Texas-sized story filled with billionaires and big decisions.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

47 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

26 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I enjoyed reading this article from Ross Dellenger detailing SMU's quest for an invite into the P5.  It started and ended with money.  

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

SMU is headed for greener pastures in the ACC. How it all happened is a Texas-sized story filled with billionaires and big decisions.

Yeah, this quote says it all

How it all happened is a Texas-sized story filled with billionaires and big decisions.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,547
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

MK will have to pull another rabbit out of the hat if CAAR is heading out. I trust MK to be able to keep the momentum going as long as USF doesn’t make him use a hiring search firm lol. The good news is that many other coaches & players saw that winning can be done at USF 

Maybe CAG can coach Basketball?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

enough with the pity party

"p5" players enter the transfer portal ALL THE TIME to go to bigger programs or to lateral if another program has a need 

enough already with the g5/minor leagues crap

this is college sports in 2024 with the exception of maybe 5-10 programs nationally and even then you're not 100% safe

No bigger critiquer of the pity party patrol than me but, for me anyway, got to cut some slack here. After that year, and how the immediate future was lining up, this is kind of a gut punch ..... akin to Byrum hitting the portal this year. Key will be how much more we lose ..... although could have sworn I heard that one of the tournament teams didn't have any returning points from the previous year, so it can be done, but don't want to have to.

For real pity party stuff, see the "Thanks, Judy" insertions ...... :D

• Upvote 1