• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do we feel about this bracket matchup?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Shaping up that way as of right now, but let's see where the dust settles after this weekend.

Not sure how a 3 way tie breaker would be decided if Memphis, UAB, and SMU end up at 11-7 in AAC play. They all were 1-1 against each other during the season.

Looks like the best path for us is to have UAB win out (which would include a win over SMU) and FAU beat Memphis. I believe that would mean that UAB would have to play Memphis before us.

although a Memphis loss to FAU likely takes away our only Quad 1 win. So many factors. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

although a Memphis loss to FAU likely takes away our only Quad 1 win. So many factors. 

I believe Memphis can be a 3 seed in the AAC Tournament if they win and Charlotte loses 1 of their last 2 games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I believe Memphis can be a 3 seed in the AAC Tournament if they win and Charlotte loses 1 of their last 2 games.

that would be ideal. FAU as a 2 and Memphis as a 3. Potentially playing 1 in the finals. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

we need Memphis and FAU as the 2 and 3 seed....everything else really doesn't matter.  Rice UAB and SMU Char, are the others that are less scary.  But if its in the semi's would take any of those

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

24 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

that would be ideal. FAU as a 2 and Memphis as a 3. Potentially playing 1 in the finals. 

Basically we want USF to play Memphis in the AAC tournament. USF needs to beat Tulsa on Saturday & win next Friday against the 8/9 winner. If that happens I do believe USF has a strong case for an at large if for some reason they find a way to lose against Memphis in the semifinals. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

win 2 and i think we are in no question might only need to win 1 more the way the bubble has been shrinking

18 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

win 2 and i think we are in no question might only need to win 1 more the way the bubble has been shrinking

I agree, as long as you dont lose to Tulsa. Lose to Tulsa and you need to win the Tourney. Cant afford a loss to a team with a 198 NET. That will sink us. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

29 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I agree, as long as you dont lose to Tulsa. Lose to Tulsa and you need to win the Tourney. Cant afford a loss to a team with a 198 NET. That will sink us. 

Nights Talladega GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

As far as the original poster's question, that would be a very nice draw. The only thing that could make it nicer would be being in with Houston or Arizona/Tennessee/UNC (whomever the 4th #1 ends up being). Purdue and UCONN will present nightmare matchups for us in the paint with Edey and Clingan. We saw what can happen when Goldin finally got going for FAU. Goldin is 7'1'' 240 lbs. Corey Walker, Jr. and even Pryor could body up against him and cause some problems or at least slow him down. Clingan is 7'2'' 280 lbs and Edey is 7'4'' 300 lbs....talk about 2 giants that are in a class of their own.

I wonder if CAAR would give any thought to trying Tobiloba out there to neutralize bigs of their size. If not, the margin for error for USF shooting wise becomes very small. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

As far as the original poster's question, that would be a very nice draw. The only thing that could make it nicer would be being in with Houston or Arizona/Tennessee/UNC (whomever the 4th #1 ends up being). Purdue and UCONN will present nightmare matchups for us in the paint with Edey and Clingan. We saw what can happen when Goldin finally got going for FAU. Goldin is 7'1'' 240 lbs. Corey Walker, Jr. and even Pryor could body up against him and cause some problems or at least slow him down. Clingan is 7'2'' 280 lbs and Edey is 7'4'' 300 lbs....talk about 2 giants that are in a class of their own.

I wonder if CAAR would give any thought to trying Tobiloba out there to neutralize bigs of their size. If not, the margin for error for USF shooting wise becomes very small. 

Doubtful. Has he even gotten any minutes since the first handful of games? The offense didn't look great early in the season with him on the floor, at least looking back through the box scores. CAAR has seemed content to lean on our guards/forwards to handle business even when bigs were killing us in the paint.