• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Tribune:  "USF at 100" Article

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

BULLieve it was a D2 school somewhere, he´ll advise us and give more of the details ... at first, thought it was about his arrest in gaynesville ... wasn´t familiar with this story.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Just to let you guys and gals know, the Tampa Tribune has changed my Q/A format into a blog format at bulls.tbo.com. And for those out-of-towners that want to get an actual copy of today's Tampa Tribune with the USF at 100 page, just check out The Bulls Report at bulls.tbo.com on how you can get one. Glad it brought back some good memories. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Brett McMurphy

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Thanks for the article Brett.  Maybe we'll see you in Charlotte.  

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Thanks Brett...great article.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

yeah...good job, Brett.  Thanks for doing that.  I think it would have opened a few uneducated eyes in the TB area up to some pretty cool facts and made a lot of us educated eyes feel good.   Next time leave out the top 10 losses...that part hurts!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Thanks Brett. Fun to see the blog on Terry!  By the way, I think he went to "THE Wittenburg State" in Oh ho ho io!   Reaper

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i think ur correct mrebe

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You're right Reaper. I had shoulder surgery in the Spring of 2001 and took the semester off since I was unable to write. That was a long year as I lost 45 lbs from the surgery and slowly got back to playing shape. I was about 15 lbs underneath my USF playing weight (195 lbs) when I transferred to Div III powerhouse Wittenberg in 2002. I played there 8 games before the school nurse and I got in trouble for "dating" (coach's ex-girlfirend and admin was not happy with either one of us), as well as money being tight (very expensive school). I left on my terms, but in reality, it was so she wouldn't lose her job (she was a super nice girl that didn't deserve a rep or the rumors surrounding our situation). It also gave me an out to get back to USF.

I always wanted to play at USF again (who wouldn't)... but I got pretty beat up at Witt (yes, D-III kids can play ball also) and realized my days were long over. I can't complain though... playing football at 27 years old... I was an old man having fun!

Thanks Brett for the great memories and a story I can give to my future USF children... way down the road!