• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Best Record in History

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

In 2019 we went 24-14 and won the CBI.

2019: 24 wins = most total wins in program history
2024: 13 wins = most conference wins in program history

Don't want to take anything away from 2018-2019, but we went 8-10 in conference that year. Our CBI final against Depaul alone consisted of 3 additional games. A great year regardless, but 2018-2019 was nothing compared to what this team is accomplishing this year.

Hopefully we can finish strong, and this year will be one for our record books

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Don't want to take anything away from 2018-2019, but we went 8-10 in conference that year. Our CBI final against Depaul alone consisted of 3 additional games. A great year regardless, but 2018-2019 was nothing compared to what this team is accomplishing this year.

What's interesting is that we finished that year with a NET ranking close to where we are now at 99. Assuming, though, we'll finish hopefully a lot higher.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, bcgruber said:

I know this was discussed before what is USF highest ranking.  I thought I remember being 21 when it was top just top 20 or was it 26?  This was the closest thing I could drum up.  Does anyone else know for sure?

image.thumb.png.c972cf60042568eb54133a09b5395c54.png

Hey BCGruber, I think this is the Week 6 poll. Can you find the Week 7 or 8 poll? From what I recall, we had jumped to around 27th. You can see that Iowa is 27th in this poll. In the Week 7 poll, they jumped to 23rd. We then beat them, which I think moved us up into the high 20s. We then lost to Cincinnati and we never got closer.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Hey BCGruber, I think this is the Week 6 poll. Can you find the Week 7 or 8 poll? From what I recall, we had jumped to around 27th. You can see that Iowa is 27th in this poll. In the Week 7 poll, they jumped to 23rd. We then beat them, which I think moved us up into the high 20s. We then lost to Cincinnati and we never got closer.

I couldnot find the week 7 poll, unfortunately they only show the top 25 and not the receiving votes on these old polls.  I think I looked at the schedule from that year and we lost 3 in a row after the iowa game, so its doubtfull we got any higher.  But my meomory had us really close, much closer then the attachement poll.  thought someone would have a little better recolection

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, belgianbull said:
17 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

In 2019 we went 24-14 and won the CBI.

2019: 24 wins = most total wins in program history
2024: 13 wins = most conference wins in program history

Hopefully we can finish strong, and this year will be one for our record books

I tend to agree, hence why I left it out of our best records.  To me, the best record would be considered to be either:

(1) the best overall winning percentage (is 25 wins better if you lost 24?); or

(2) A season where the team won consistently in the regular season and had a meaningful tournament presence.