• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

From ESPN regarding our matchup with Rice  

LAST 10 GAMES: Owls: 3-7, averaging 72.4 points, 34.1 rebounds, 15.3 assists, 5.6 steals and 3.0 blocks per game while shooting 43.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 79.7 points per game.

Bulls: 9-1, averaging 74.1 points, 35.3 rebounds, 14.9 assists, 6.3 steals and 3.7 blocks per game while shooting 44.8% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 68.2 points.

Looks like our defense has been the real difference between our teams over the last 10 games. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, Boomer said:

From ESPN regarding our matchup with Rice  

LAST 10 GAMES: Owls: 3-7, averaging 72.4 points, 34.1 rebounds, 15.3 assists, 5.6 steals and 3.0 blocks per game while shooting 43.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 79.7 points per game.

Bulls: 9-1, averaging 74.1 points, 35.3 rebounds, 14.9 assists, 6.3 steals and 3.7 blocks per game while shooting 44.8% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 68.2 points.

Looks like our defense has been the real difference between our teams over the last 10 games. 

Defense is almost always the difference. Our D was elite in 2011-2012. This team has that winning mentality. USF trailed by 11 points to Rice with 13:40 left to go in the game and came back to win by 8. That preceded the giant 20 point comeback against Memphis. When you know the game is never out of reach it creates the necessary mindset to mount the comeback. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Perception is more important to potential fans and that's the downside of FAU losing and maybe getting bumped out of the top 25. The ones picking for the tournament dig deeper than perception and I'm not sure how much attention they actually pay to the opinion polls when decisions are made ...... could be wrong, though.

What if we beat a team that made the final four last year? Sounds pretty good to me if we do it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What if we beat a team that made the final four last year? Sounds pretty good to me if we do it.

Does sound good, and why it'd be worth something for the publicity, especially locally ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

20 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Watching FAU v. UAB on ESPN2 and I think we will matchup really well against them. Their big might give us some trouble but they are small everywhere else. Our guys are bigger and stronger, but also fast. We have to defend the 3 well, as FAU likes to take a lot of them. I really hope we take care of business the next two games and the Foam Dome is lit!

I believe the last team to beat us just beat FAU.  Says a lot for UAB.

We are nowhere near as fast as FAU.  And we don't have the interior size and we don't rebound like they do.  Still, it doesn't mean we can't beat them.  We have flashed some defense lately, i.e. against Charlotte in 2nd half.  It will be a good indicator of where we are...  FAU isn't legit Top 25 but they also aren't typical AAC competition either.

18 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Doesn't mean we will beat 'em!

How unfortunately cynical I've become, waiting for the other shoe to drop, having watched 22 years of USF MBB....

Better enjoy the ride while it's here, right? 🤘

You needed to watch 45+ years of it like some of us!

:roflmao:

3 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

Man, so much of winning a bball game is emotions. At the end of the Charlotte game, even right before we finally took the lead at the very end.. the concerned look on Charlotte's players' faces gave it away they thought they were going to blow it. Then, their star player airballed an unnecessary 3 attempt. He was talking crap and taunting the crowd the entire game up to that point. USF's players looked chill and were smiling.

Probably one of the best attributes players gain from their coaches modeling good behavior.  No panic, no grimacing, no stomping feet, no acting the fool - all from observing and buying in to CAAR's way.  

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Yes I do believe USF beat final 4 teams during same season. Wisconsin comes to mind 

• Brad featured this topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes I do believe USF beat final 4 teams during same season. Wisconsin comes to mind 

Was just talking about the perception of a win v FAU if they aren't ranked when we play them.