• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

9 hours ago, usfrank said:

FAU just lost to UAB in OT

9 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Good news is we are in 1st all alone. Bad news is if we beat them, they probably won't be ranked.

That good news far out shadows the bad news. We need to keep an eye on the prize ....... double bye for the conf tourney. Other good news is that we moved up a spot to #102 in the NET. FAU is still barely a Quad 1 team, who knows where they are by the time they get here, and more importantly where they are at the end of the season ..... we're still a long shot for an at-large but need to get as high as we can.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

The FAU outcome at UAB is certainly no surprise.  American Conference basketball-- even more than most --appears to be wide open for a win or a loss by any team on any given evening.  From what I have seen of league play I expect a battle in every game, but I like our chances as much as anyone's.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

AAC basketball is extremely competitive. Even teams with only a few conference wins have good players and have lost a number of close games. There are no sure wins on the schedule. Our Bulls will have to continue to grind it out, hopefully in front of large, loud, crowds. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

12 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I really hope we take care of business the next two games 

Let's do this first.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  1

We’re a really good team, the only thing that’s is affecting us is have a Tall big man right now. Usually if the opposing team has a decent scoring big man they have a good game against us. 
The only game that we lost against UAB the big man went for 23 point, even with that we could have won if we hit our free throws. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

Charlotte's big gave us huge matchup issues - and yet we still overcame that. It's really fun to see what this team has done this year, how they've adjusted. CAAR is an incredible coach. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Charlotte's big gave us huge matchup issues - and yet we still overcame that. It's really fun to see what this team has done this year, how they've adjusted. CAAR is an incredible coach. 

Exactly! This team does very well after the halftimes this season so it would be interesting to hear the halftime talks 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

That good news far out shadows the bad news. We need to keep an eye on the prize ....... double bye for the conf tourney. Other good news is that we moved up a spot to #102 in the NET. FAU is still barely a Quad 1 team, who knows where they are by the time they get here, and more importantly where they are at the end of the season ..... we're still a long shot for an at-large but need to get as high as we can.

I 100 percent agree, but personally since that the FAU game is so close I was hoping they could remain ranked. It would have been cool to have been the ones to kick them out of the top 25.

And in addition beating a second ranked team, while perhaps not having an effect on our NET, it still would have an effect on  how people view us. Perception is important when the final 68 teams are picked for the NCAAT.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

19 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I 100 percent agree, but personally since that the FAU game is so close I was hoping they could remain ranked. It would have been cool to have been the ones to kick them out of the top 25.

And in addition beating a second ranked team, while perhaps not having an effect on our NET, it still would have an effect on  how people view us. Perception is important when the final 68 teams are picked for the NCAAT.

Perception is more important to potential fans and that's the downside of FAU losing and maybe getting bumped out of the top 25. The ones picking for the tournament dig deeper than perception and I'm not sure how much attention they actually pay to the opinion polls when decisions are made ...... could be wrong, though.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

They are undoubtedly a tough squad and the best team we will have faced, by far. Having said that, Charlotte was able to beat them in part thanks to their size. If we can just match them from outside, we can win this one. The players are going to be up amped for this game. The key will be to keep emotions in check and play smart basketball. 

Man, so much of winning a bball game is emotions. At the end of the Charlotte game, even right before we finally took the lead at the very end.. the concerned look on Charlotte's players' faces gave it away they thought they were going to blow it. Then, their star player airballed an unnecessary 3 attempt. He was talking crap and taunting the crowd the entire game up to that point. USF's players looked chill and were smiling.