• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Road to the Double-Bye - Games to Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Memphis survived in a hideous game against Temple

I watched some of that. Hideous is a good word.

Was watching the highlights & Memphis almost blew another big lead lol. That is one messed up team. Memphis fans must be very upset with how things are going 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

They got their home town hero.  He can recruit just because of his name, but I really don't understand when people are like "Penny doesn't get the credit he deserves!"  Is it better to have talented players and under achieve, or be left wondering if it is your players or your coach.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

USF Games Left

Home: Tulsa,FAU,SMU,Tulane

Away: Rice,UTSA,Charlotte,Tulsa

All road games are tough but Charlotte and Tulsa will be toughest. We need to go 3-1 or at worst 2-2

Home games, FAU and SMU will be tough and even Tulane and Tulsa aren’t gimmies. We need to go 2-2 at worst here.

To finish in top 4 going 5-3 should do it

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The games yesterday were all close to breaking our way but yet not one of them did. FAU, Charlotte, Memphis, SMU, and UAB all emerged victorious, with only Memphis running away with the W. 

I am going to safely assume that an at-large is off the table for USF at this point. Therefore, all of these preferred outcomes are based upon improving USF's odds to finish in the top 4 of the conference. Looking at the week ahead, these are the games with the team that we should be cheering for in bold:

Thurs. Feb 15th

Temple @ FAU

SMU @ Tulane

UTSA @ Charlotte

Memphis @ UNT

Sun. Feb. 18th

Wichita State @ Charlotte

UNT @ UAB

Memphis @ SMU

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope on an at-large bid so I think we want FAU and SMU to win for some potential Quad 1 and 2 victories.  Think for a realistic shot we can only lose to charlotte the rest of the way to have a shot at any at large bid.

54 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope on an at-large bid so I think we want FAU and SMU to win for some potential Quad 1 and 2 victories.  Think for a realistic shot we can only lose to charlotte the rest of the way to have a shot at any at large bid.

Looking at the profiles of the teams currently projected on the tournament bubble, I don't think we can afford any more losses prior to the conference tournament. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

That might be true, but if we are to get in, the higher ranked smu and FAU are would possibly help our seeding as well.  It is about 6 one way half dozen the other.

Big night of AAC basketball. Will we see Temple, Tulane, or UTSA pull off a big upset? Memphis and North Texas are the marquee matchup of the night. Will be interesting to see if Memphis can put a complete 40 minutes together despite Penny not being able to coach worth a ****!

The big win over FAU is making a double-bye look like a foregone conclusion. Even if USF were to go 3-2 over the final 5 games, they are guaranteed a top-4 spot as UAB and SMU still have to play each other and USF holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over FAU. 

Unfortunately, all the other top 5 teams in the conference keep winning. If USF just wins the ones they are supposed to (UTSA, Tulane, and Tulsa) then they are looking at no worse than a #3 seed in the AAC. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,456
  • Days Won:  13

hope we can avoid a matchup with Memphis in our first conference tourney game. SMU looks really hot right now, that will be a tough but winnable game on Sunday. No way we should lose Wednesday UTSA blows, but it could be a trap game. Boys need to stay focused.