• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated NET Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I didn't know MSG was out until right now. Thats a bummer. 

Believe its in Vegas this year, I know they were also talking indy in the old barn of Butler as well

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  1

What’s really wild about NET rankings to me, besides how poorly we’re doing in them, is that beating the number 1 or 75 team on the road are both Q1 wins. Same with 30 at home, but 31 at home is a Q2. I realize lines must be drawn somewhere, but teams 1 place apart should count equally whereas teams 74 spots apart probably shouldn’t. 

The only solution is to win the AAC tournament. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Believe its in Vegas this year, I know they were also talking indy in the old barn of Butler as well

Vegas last year, Indy this year  ..... Butler's Hinkle fieldhouse this year, where the Hickory Huskers, in 1951, defeated the South Bend Central Bears.

image.thumb.jpeg.29424ce86f208797fc472cd9adcfbeb4.jpeg

• Brad featured this topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

image.thumb.png.3ee91fb25d9f453f9647524bb1b76bcf.png

• Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/23/2024 at 9:52 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

EVERYTHING favors the money . . . er, power leagues.

Some of the Power conferences will get 8-9 at large bids..........

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

21 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

Some of the Power conferences will get 8-9 at large bids..........

Right, I was listening to the ESPN talking heads last night saying that Kentucky is no lower than an 8 seed in the tournament no matter what happens the rest of the way. Really? They could hypothetically finish 18-14 (they won’t, but could) and they’re STILL in the tournament and at least an 8 seed?

They say the Big 12 will get 9 teams - even though they only have 5 right now that are more than one game over .500 in the league. And they mentioned Cincy (16-10, 5-8) as a possible bubble team.

Every year, they get so enamored with one league that’s supposed to be so incredible. They give them a bunch of at-large bids and they end up losing to Saint Peter’s, Loyola, and FAU.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361

That's because those conferences are drastically better than us.  Stick us in the SEC, Big 12  and we're struggling to be .500 as well.  There's going to be upsets in the tournament and occassionally teams from smaller conferences that are better than those teams and/or get hot at the right time/  But by and large at least half the Big 12 would roll through our conference and the rest of the non P6 conferences

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

14 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

That's because those conferences are drastically better than us.  Stick us in the SEC, Big 12  and we're struggling to be .500 as well.  There's going to be upsets in the tournament and occassionally teams from smaller conferences that are better than those teams and/or get hot at the right time/  But by and large at least half the Big 12 would roll through our conference and the rest of the non P6 conferences

So you’ve accepted the propaganda. I haven’t. I’ve watched TONS of college hoops this season. I don’t believe that the gap is as big as they’d like you to believe. Case in point, UCF is 4-9 in the Big 12 with wins vs. Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas, and 4 losses by 6 points or less, and 7 losses by 11 points or less (two by 2 points). I’ve watched several of their games. We’d beat them by double digits this year.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

41 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

More reason to hope that we get into a better conference. It all depends on what side of the fence one is. When we were in the Big East, and made it to the tournament with 13 losses no one complained. If in a few years when we are in the ACC, and  7 teams make it to the tournament and we get in as the 7th team  no one will complain.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361

40 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So you’ve accepted the propaganda. I haven’t. I’ve watched TONS of college hoops this season. I don’t believe that the gap is as big as they’d like you to believe. Case in point, UCF is 4-9 in the Big 12 with wins vs. Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas, and 4 losses by 6 points or less, and 7 losses by 11 points or less (two by 2 points). I’ve watched several of their games. We’d beat them by double digits this year.

The ucf that was 8-10 in our conference and we swept last year?

We've lost to cmu, hofstra, maine, and umass this year.   We just beat utsa by 5.  Not sure your point when you bring beating certain teams

• Upvote 1