• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Amir is a really cool guy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Coach Aar-rrrr!!!!

Pirate Captain GIF by PLAYMOBIL

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Coach was in the library buying people Starbucks again. Got a chance to meet him and got a photo with him 👍(a very nice and cool dude btw). There were about a hundred people there after 5 minutes. Culture is changing here at USF 👀

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Glad that Coach has reached out to the student body and that the students are seemingly starting to respond.   I imagine he will seem more and more cool with every win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  298

What does CAAR have in common with CAG? They are unproven and hungry. They want to prove to the world they got it. Total opposites from the Clemson dope and the GT reject. Sorry, not sorry, if that rubs anyone the wrong way. 

CAAR gets it. USF has been moribund for years in basketball but he knows people will come out of the woodwork by winning mixed in with authentic fan and student engagement. It’s a flywheel of support he benefits from… Get people pumped to come out, create good home game energy and you have a 6th man in the stands making hell for opponents. Win and more will come…

Seeing him celebrate with the students last night was awesome. The kids will remember that and want more. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

22 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What does CAAR have in common with CAG? They are unproven and hungry. They want to prove to the world they got it. Total opposites from the Clemson dope and the GT reject. Sorry, not sorry, if that rubs anyone the wrong way. 

CAAR gets it. USF has been moribund for years in basketball but he knows people will come out of the woodwork by winning mixed in with authentic fan and student engagement. It’s a flywheel of support he benefits from… Get people pumped to come out, create good home game energy and you have a 6th man in the stands making hell for opponents. Win and more will come…

Seeing him celebrate with the students last night was awesome. The kids will remember that and want more. 

he has to keep winning though. Kids will come if its fun and we are winning.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120

23 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I know you're only doing it because they are the last 2 coaches, but don't think its fair to compare Scott with Gregory....Gregory had flashes of success, beat UCF a number of times, and even made a postseason tourney one year...

more fair to couple Scott to Antigua....two peas in a pod

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

On 2/7/2024 at 4:50 PM, Bob Loblaw said:

Doesn't really rub me the wrong way, just inaccurate with the "total opposites", imo. CJS was just as unproven and hungry as CAG, he just failed miserably at getting it done. Chardizard's comparison of CJS to COA was dead-on. CAAR is already proven to a degree, based on what he did at KSU, that's why he got the job. CBG was more than proven in his career before he got here but couldn't get it done.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Doesn't really rub me the wrong way, just inaccurate with the "total opposites", imo. CJS was just as unproven and hungry as CAG, he just failed miserably at getting it done. Chardizard's comparison of CJS to COA was dead-on. CAAR is already proven to a degree, based on what he did at KSU, that's why he got the job. CBG was more than proven in his career before he got here but couldn't get it done.

Cjs and golesh are on opposite  ends of earnings  your way up. Not similar to Amir at all. Golesh worked his way up with coaching at several stops  with different jobs always moving forwars and recruiting .  Scott was a wr coach but got labeled co-ov cause of his dad and never called plays on offense period at Clemson. He was named co-oc but really was just a wr coach . He seemed to be a good wr coach at Clemson, but only knows  the Clemson way. He was not ready to be a coach and should  have worked his was up to offensive coordinator calling and designing plays. He moves two steps up way too fast.  Golesh seems to have alot more swagger,  more aggressive on the field and recruiting trailing,  and isn't scrap and fight out a win.  Scott just didn't have the fighter mentality to keep.his team in the fight despite what the scoreboard said. In a different circunstance Scott could be a good oc and work his way to coaching if he learns from his failures. Amir came in with experience as a head coach punching his way up and is not similar to Golesh  other than him being a winner and Bull. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

I remember CAAR speaking at the USF block party in Ybor last August. He basically was great at getting the place hyped up. But that was basically USF fans excited for the football season. He kept tell the crowd that USF is going to become all elite. I was thinking he was just blowing smoke but now I realize he was dead serious about turning things around in a hurry. That is amazing in my years of following USF.