• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Amir is a really cool guy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Bryson W said:

I didn't go but I had friends go and say great things about coach. Coach was taking photos and chatting with them, they said he was a really nice and kind dude, he certainly loves being a bull!

Seems like he is trying to build relationships and ties to the program with the students. He is a man of the people. Keep up the great work coach Amir.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Outlaw said:

Seems like he is trying to build relationships and ties to the program with the students. He is a man of the people. Keep up the great work coach Amir.

Yeah, he said in today's press conference that he wants players to also be on campus talking more with students. Just spreading the word to get more people invested.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

1 minute ago, Bryson W said:

Yeah, he said in today's press conference that he wants players to also be on campus talking more with students. Just spreading the word to get more people invested.

He is doing the same thing the best coach USF ever had Jim Leavitt did by getting the students to buy in. Love it.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

34 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He is doing the same thing the best coach USF ever had Jim Leavitt did by getting the students to buy in. Love it.

Every coach has done things like this for as long as I've been a Bull (2010). Every season I see reports of coaches handing out pizza or the team going into the local communities to encourage them to come to the games. It's a part of the contract for the coach to engage the student body and community. It's great, but this isn't unique to CAAR or Leavitt. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Every coach has done things like this for as long as I've been a Bull (2010). Every season I see reports of coaches handing out pizza or the team going into the local communities to encourage them to come to the games. It's a part of the contract for the coach to engage the student body and community. It's great, but this isn't unique to CAAR or Leavitt. 

Yet our basketball program has had attendance issues. Amir is winning and trying to fix that. I remember the long lines for tickets during my time at USF and Leavitt had the students pumped and ready to get to the game. WE haven't had energy on campus in a long time.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

The way CAAR does this IS unique to him. He has built relationships throughout his career and puts effort into getting to know people. I met all the coaches and players at a pre-season event. Much different than similar events with our past coaches and players. The players take their cues from his behavior and are amazing with their meet and greet skills. What a great hire.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I certainly like what I've seen so far from Coach.   So VPMK is a genius, of course until he isn't....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yet our basketball program has had attendance issues. Amir is winning and trying to fix that. I remember the long lines for tickets during my time at USF and Leavitt had the students pumped and ready to get to the game. WE haven't had energy on campus in a long time.

USF has invested in the coaches and facilities. Now time to invest in the culture.