• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Wichita State Shockers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Game atmosphere was pretty good.  Line was Bulls ~4.5. That’s a bet I’m okay losing!

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Gritty win on a poor shooting day. Placer was a surprising bright spot and Pryor was a beast as per usual.

Miguel was very off but that happens for scorers. Placer stepping up for him was just what the team needed. Everyone else played their role and the team benefitted. 

A question I had before the season started was can these JUCO and ASUN players produce in the AAC, and the answer seems to be a resolute yes they can!

Also cool watching the game to hear some Belgian music in the background during the time out near the end with some Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

Just got home from the game. It's a shame the crowd is so small.  USF really does a good job on making it a fun event. 

Jayden Reid pouted every time he was on the bench.

If Walker can get his head on straight he could be the best player on the team

If Pryor gets stronger he does have the potential to play in the league

The difference between this team and past teams are that they are basketball player, not great athletes playing basketball.   They actually hit their open shots and play decent fundemental defense unlike past teams  that had highlight dunks only and played good defense.   

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Just got home from the game. It's a shame the crowd is so small.  USF really does a good job on making it a fun event. 

Jayden Reid pouted every time he was on the bench.

If Walker can get his head on straight he could be the best player on the team

If Pryor gets stronger he does have the potential to play in the league

The difference between this team and past teams are that they are basketball player, not great athletes playing basketball.   They actually hit their open shots and play decent fundemental defense unlike past teams  that had highlight dunks only and played good defense.   

Agreed. This is the first group of true basketball players with fundamentals I’ve seen at USF since I started following years ago.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,173
  • Days Won:  56

Not sure what this “winning” thing is, but I could definitely get used to it. Crowd was no-hum today. No student section to speak of. That makes all the difference and they were absent. Hope they begin to embrace this group very soon. They’re missing a good show.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

Great win. Will watch the 2nd half later as switched off for NFL. A W with off games from Youngblood and Miguel is huge. Other guys picking up the slack (Placer today) is another great sign. Team getting better game after game.   Excited to see them in person at Temple on Wednesday. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,173
  • Days Won:  56

Lots of good things in this game - Placer’s play for sure - but I loved the way Kobe Knox took the ball to the hole in the second half. Those buckets he had were big.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Wtf is happening to our basketball program

I'm into it

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

A question I had before the season started was can these JUCO and ASUN players produce in the AAC, and the answer seems to be a resolute yes they can!

Great to see you acknowledge this!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, NJBull said:

Great win. Will watch the 2nd half later as switched off for NFL. A W with off games from Youngblood and Miguel is huge. Other guys picking up the slack (Placer today) is another great sign. Team getting better game after game.   Excited to see them in person at Temple on Wednesday. 

That's exactly what Coach said during one of the post game interviews. He spoke about how teams will focus on stopping a certain player but then another steps up. Something along the lines of ok you've got him covered but how are you going to cover the next guy. Said there's quite a few playmakers and it shows.

And as far as attendance goes I'm not complaining. The Bucs game was a dilemma for many. But even regardless of that I felt the crowd showed up. I've been to every game this year and the attendance goes up just a bit more each game. I'm thankful for that. Bulls just need to keep convincing the reluctant fans who are too scared to buy in after years of let downs. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

Go BULLS!!!!