• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Scheduling Strategy and Input

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I think it won't matter until we're putting 35k in the stands every game, but I do believe we can get 35k in the stands. We did it for homecoming in 2017 and 2018. 

We're probably getting 20k actuals at Rayjay right now. Keep ascending up the winner's ranks and the number probably goes to 30k by end of next year. If we end up hosting a conference championship I could see 40k getting into Ray Jay for that. To get to 35k a week consistently you'd have to likely win the conference 2 years in a row and have a solid shot at making the playoff in 2026. 

The bizarre thing would be if we somehow go undefeated in 2025 with CAG and BB as a redshirt junior, win a playoff game or two, and then suddenly we're raking in attendance in our last year at Ray Jay. It would be super awkward to go from getting 50k at Ray Jay to 35k at the OCS, but at least then the pitch to boost the capacity to 40k would be there. I wouldn't want to grow it more than that unless we move up to a P2 conference. 

I have to agree with those saying that ND and the like will not play on campus unless the OCS seats 50k minimum. With that said, they are the only true blueblood visiting after this year. Louisville, NC State, UConn, and Southern Miss have zero reason to complain about coming to the OCS. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I'm curious what those OOC future game contracts say about the stadium?  For USF home games, do they state:

• Stadium of our choosing within a certain geographic area
  • RayJay
  • OCS when it is operational

They must have thought this through at some point.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone have any insight on our 2020 away game at Texas being rescheduled? It was around a $1.9M buy game that would be the largest ever payout for the Bulls I think. Here is the latest update I can find online

LONGHORNSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

COVD-19 altered most of the 2020 schedule for Texas but it was nothing they were not used to. Instead of playing LSU, USF, and UTEP in the nonconference portion, the...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, BullsDude08 said:

Does anyone have any insight on our 2020 away game at Texas being rescheduled? It was around a $1.9M buy game that would be the largest ever payout for the Bulls I think. Here is the latest update I can find online

LONGHORNSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

COVD-19 altered most of the 2020 schedule for Texas but it was nothing they were not used to. Instead of playing LSU, USF, and UTEP in the nonconference portion, the...

THE SEC , NCAA, and Texas Boosters will probably find a way to get them off the hook for the buyout.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

THE SEC , NCAA, and Texas Boosters will probably find a way to get them off the hook for the buyout.

If SMU boosters don’t care about giving away $350million I can’t imagine Texas cares about $1.2mil. 

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

On 1/18/2024 at 8:54 AM, BDYZR said:

If SMU boosters don’t care about giving away $350million I can’t imagine Texas cares about $1.2mil. 

SMU ??

Teams like Texas lose over $1.2 million over non home games.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

SMU ??

Teams like Texas lose over $1.2 million over non home games.

That’s pretty much my point.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

We should sign a 1 and 1 with SMU now for the first open dates for each of us before other schools come calling.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

We should sign a 1 and 1 with SMU now for the first open dates for each of us before other schools come calling.

Like that!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616

7 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I wonder if they would even take it.