• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to ride the Golesh train...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

He came to USF and did it the right way.   He did not chase off existing players, even though the previous coach did not always bring in top tier talent.   He coached them.   He helped make young men into better young men.   He gave the departing seniors something to remember - a dominating win in a bowl game.

Perfect!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

On the outside he probably regrets getting that on video, but on the inside he knows it's going to attract real competitors that love to whoop that ass win!

• Crying 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,672
  • Days Won:  29

We must show up to the games. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,415
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Brad said:

On the outside he probably regrets getting that on video, but on the inside he knows it's going to attract real competitors that love to whoop that ass win!

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing. Meh, at the end if the day he definitely says what he's thinking. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,614
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, hightechbull said:

He came to USF and did it the right way.   He did not chase off existing players, even though the previous coach did not always bring in top tier talent.   He coached them.   He helped make young men into better young men.   He gave the departing seniors something to remember - a dominating win in a bowl game.

Much better than the "all hat, no cattle" option out there that only thought about himself and his son as starting QB, chased away current players, used the transfer portal like NFL free agency, blamed players for losses instead of taking responsibility and coaching up his players, and ended up with a losing season with no bowl game.

He did what coaches are supposed to do coach guys up, teach them how to outwork the other team,  stay in the fight when times get tough, and eventually it leads to winning. Sadly Scott  and Strong had no idea how to coach guys up, how to outwork teams, how to fight to stay in a close game, and how to close out a win in the clutch.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Bull Gooner said:

I noticed something about Coach Go early in the season and it was still on display last night. It's a small token, but probably means a lot in the locker room. 

Coach is out on the field - checking on his guys - for every injury. Some other coaches may come out for a quick peek then scurry back to the sideline. Some guys don't come out at all. But, to the best of my recollection, Coach Go comes out and usually stays with the injured player until he is up on his feet.

Again, this is a really small gesture and has nothing to do with X's and O's, but it does show that the guy gives a **** about his players. 

Something I noticed during the last press conference before the bowl game. When he got up and walked away that he remembered that he didnt push his chair in and came back to do it. Small thing that can say a lot.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Best quote from the post game presser from Boca came when asked about a game when he was at C. "I've blacked out that whole year in my mind."

Bought in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

This is gold. I don’t love the extreme hurry up offense yet but he’s won me over.