• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sammie Puisis out for season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

A second-team all-conference pick in 2023, Puisis sustained a knee injury Wednesday in practice.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

****. That sucks. Feel bad for her 😢

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

Ugh! And she made such a difference in the way the team played in her one game back.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

Dang! I feel so bad for her. She could have been the difference between USF having a good season and a great season. Hopefully she'll recover nicely for whatever comes next for her.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61

Well think season done now.  Stinks back to the old USF of having injuries and never seeing the full potential.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

14 minutes ago, bullieman08 said:

Well think season done now.  Stinks back to the old USF of having injuries and never seeing the full potential.

Just think of it as a rebuilding year.  As long as she comes back next year the younger players will be a year better and hopefully we'll get back to normal.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Thursday, Dec. 14, 2023

STORY

Sammie Puisis Will Miss the Remainder of the 2023-24 Season

Tampa, Fla. Dec. 14, 2023  South Florida women’s basketball senior guard Sammie Puisis suffered a left knee injury in practice on Wednesday and will miss the remainder of the 2023-24 season.

Puisis was the reigning AAC Newcomer of the Year and a Second-Team All-Conference selection at the conclusion of last season. She entered the 2023-24 campaign with a 2024 Ann Myers-Drysdale watchlist nod and was an AAC Preseason All-Conference First-Team selection.

This past Sunday, Dec. 10, Puisis saw her first start and action of the season against Gardner-Webb, where she added an impressive 21 points, a team-high two steals, a pair of rebounds, and a single assist in 22 minutes of action on Sunday. Her 21 points marked her 43rd game in double-figure points and the 12th 20-plus point game of her career.

Puisis averaged 15.5 points per game and 4.1 rebounds per contest last season while starting 33-of-34 games. The Mason, Ohio native put up double-figures in all but five contests and had 11 20-plus point outings. She finished the 2022-23 season with 109 3-point field goals made, the third most in a single season in program history and fifth all-time in the American Athletic Conference. Puisis finished last season ranked fifth nationally in three-point field goals per game (3.21) and total three-pointers made (109).

STATEMENT FROM COACH FERNANDEZ

“Unfortunately, Sammie (Puisis) sustained a lower extremity injury in the pre-season, and she worked extremely hard to get back to joining our program,” said head coach Jose Fernandez. “She looked great in her first game back and injured her knee in a workout on Wednesday. It saddens me that she will not be able to compete for the rest of the 23-24 season. We look forward to Sammie's rehabilitation and participation next season, as she is one of the best perimeter players in the country.”

STATEMENT FROM SENIOR GUARD SAMMIE PUISIS

"Suffering an ACL injury that will sideline me for the remainder of the season is truly devastating, especially missing the chance to finish alongside my fellow seniors,” said Sammie Puisis “Despite all of this, I'm grateful for the unwavering support, prayers, and love I have received. I trust in the journey God has created for me and I'm confident it will pave the way for a healthy return. I'm fueled by determination to convert this setback into motivation and emerge even stronger next season. Go Bulls!”

Any word about Maria Alvarez? She limped off the court last game and after 2 ACL surgeries you worry about her health.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Just think of it as a rebuilding year.  As long as she comes back next year the younger players will be a year better and hopefully we'll get back to normal.

Puisis, Blasigh, and Thompson on the court next year at the same time. Who are you going to guard? It will be raining 3s.

Just now, panchosanchez99 said:

Puisis, Blasigh, and Thompson on the court next year at the same time. Who are you going to guard? It will be raining 3s.

🤞